Chapter Five: Raven's Arrival

Chapter 5

Raven's Arrival

Raven arrived at the campsite along with her friend Valeri, they were now standing in front of the entrance. "The Camp", written on a bricky border, the wall was made up of unpainted bricks with moss growing over most of it along with some creepers.

"Honestly V, tell me, do you think this was a good idea?", Raven asks confused.

"Oh stap whinin' aleady, it vill be fun, turust me!", Valerie assures.

Before Raven could get a second thought, Valerie quickly gets hold of her hand and pulls her; they both head towards the entrance.

"We kan't get inn last", Valerie says as she pulls Raven alongside her when she sees other campers getting in.

Raven quickly scans each one of them, but could only see 4 people behind her and her attention breaks as another voice captures her attention.

"Here you go, We were anticipating your arrival", the lady hands out a pamphlet to Raven with a smile.

"Thank you", Raven generously replies as she accepts it which seemed like a leaflet.

A lady in her mid 20s hands each one of them a pamphlet filled with all sorts of rules and regulations along with brief descriptions about the camp & site.

"Whut is this naw??", Valeri interrogates while quickly flipping through the pages.

"I think it is some kind of a rule book?", Raven answers while flipping through slowly, unlike Valerie.

As the campers walked in one by one the lady starts to give instructions;

"As you can see the leaflet I just gave you has your name written on the very top of it, it has specific rules and regulations that each one of you has to follow as long as you are inside this boundary. For starters, your number is also mentioned on the second page; you can get in and rest yourself as the journey must have been tiring.."

The voice gets distant as Valerie and Raven took every other step.

"Luk we 'ave the same 'oom numbe!", Valeri exclaimed.

They were each allotted a number, which would be the room they'll be staying in for the rest of the duration. Raven and Valerie got the same room number i.e. 3. As soon as they got inside they started looking for the accommodation building. The lady who seemed like an in-charge showed them the way by signing with her hands.

" To the right..."

Soon it was nightfall and darkness began to consume the pathway where several torches were placed all over the edges of the road. They lit with fire one by one as they took each step, almost as if it were done by magic. The odd part was that the flame was blue, bright blue.

"It's honestly a beautiful sight but looks too good to be true", Raven thought to herself.

They followed the path and found a huge cabin-like building in front of them, they were supposed to be staying in here. Both Raven and Valeri quickly went inside and started looking for the number of their room.

"It should not be hard to find our room", Raven marked.

"9...7...4..", Valerie counted as they continued walking through the long passageway.

"There, faund iti!!", Valerie shouted, pointing at room no 3.

They head inside their newly allotted room, it had a red-orange mustardy hue to it, with a smell so musky it seemed as if the room had not been cleaned for ages. Oh and not to forget the spider webs that covered each corner of the room. There was a double bed in the centre to sleep on, of course, it was fraught with dust.