4-random sweatshirt

I head over to Carrie's house to practice for the spirt rally

I head over to Carrie's house to practice for the spirt rally. We always practice the night before our show, just to make sure we are perfect.

As I walk up to Carrie's house I notice some new barbed wire. I make a mental note to ask her about it later. I press 136890 into the keypad, and the gate opens. I drive into her driveway, and park next to her car.

She has a car even though she can't drive. Her father got it for her when she turned 15 so she could start practicing for her permit. She is an awful driver though.

As I walk up to her mansion, I ring the doorbell. I hear footsteps run down the stairs. A couple seconds later the door opens revealing Carrie. She's dressed in a matching pink workout pants and sports bra.

"Hey girl! You're the first one here. We all know Katie is going to be the last." She says motioning me into her house.

I walk into her kitchen and take a quick seat on one of her bar stools. Then suddenly two male voices walk into the room.

"Oh, hey Kendall." Nick says. I send him a wave. Jack walks up behind him eating a chip. He stops for a second looking me up and down, making me blush.

I haven't mentioned this before, but I have been friends with Nick go a while. He has been my lab partner for about 5 years (ever since 6th grade). We just clicked and he became one of my best friends. I actually introduced him to Carrie.

"Hey guys, how are you? It's been a while." I ask. They both smile and tell me all about their lacrosse game. How the other team sucked and they creamed them.

"...You should definitely come to our next game." Jack says. I nod. Before I can say anything else, Carrie walks back over.

"Everyone is here. Let's head to the studio!" She says grabbing my hand to pull me up from the chair. Why do people always drag me places?

The studio is huge, with lots of fancy equipment. She has two chairs pulled out over in the corner for Jack and Nick. We all walk to the center and get in position.

•••

After 2 hours of perfecting our choreography, I am wiped out. After about hour 1 Nick and Jack left. Probably bored of Carrie and I yelling at Jackie who missed 3 practices and hadn't practiced at all.

"From the top!" I yell. We all get into formation. As I'm doing the middle part of the routine, I ghost pops into the room causing me to trip onto my face. Everyone looks at me.

"Uh- why don't we take 5." I say accepting Carrie's hand. She pulls me up and I walk into the corner.

"Alex!" I whisper. Getting his attention.