1-ghosts?

As I walk down the full school halls, I see a girl wearing a bright red hat

"Hey, Jules. Nice hat." Julie looks up at me from under her quite large baseball cap.

"Oh hey, Kendall. I'm trying to stay invisible." I look at her for a long second. Invisible? With a bright red hat on?

"Good luck with that. Are you even allowed to wear hats at school?" Julie sends me a glare followed by a dramatic eye roll. Rude.

I've known Julie forever. Apparently, I even saw her the second after birth. Gross. Anyway, Julie and I are neighbors. Our mothers were best friends until the day they died. With them being best friends it was sort of a given for me and Julie. She's like a second daughter to my father and I to hers.

About a year ago our mothers we're going on a girl's weekend and we're hit by a truck. They didn't make it. So it's been pretty hard for both of us.

"Hey, underachievers!" Flynn says as she walks up to us. I look over at Carrie who is motioning me to come over with her. I wave goodbye to the girls and head over to her.

In 6th grade our little friend group had a falling out. Carrie wanted to form a dance group and the girls didn't accept. Carrie quickly worked her way up the social ladder pulling me with her. In just 6th grade we were some of the most popular girls at school.

The hard part is, I am Julie's neighbor. So we continued to stay best friends while Carrie, Julie and Flynn continued to hate each other's guts.

As Carrie worked up the food chain, she started to be a little rude to her ex bffs. I always tried to get the group back together which just resulted in chaos.

"Hey girl!" She says. She's next to her boyfriend Nick and his best friend Jack. I've had a crush on him for countless years. He seems to just see me as a friend.

Carrie hands me some flyers, and signals me to pass them out.

"See you at the rally!!" She says. I smile and hand a flyer to a passing freshman. Carrie looks over and notices her ex best friends snickering in the corner and walks over to them.

"This can't be good." I whisper to Jack. He nods his head.

"When is it ever good?" He states. I laugh lightly. He sends me a million dollar smile.

"Here you go. My group's performing at the spirit rally tomorrow. I'm sure you two have nothing better to do." Carrie sneers at the poor girls.

"Oh my gosh, Carrie. Thanks!" Flynn says in a sarcastic high pitched voice. I bite my lip to restrict myself from laughing.

"Oh my gosh, Flynn. Don't bother coming!" Carrie says spinning on her heel.

"They are hopeless. I almost feel bad for them." Carrie says rudely. I nod my head.