Chapter 3. Birthday Girl.

The sound of voices within her room woke Lucy up. Her eyes trying to adjust to the sunlight that illuminated the whole room, as it shone through the window.

It was in the middle of the afternoon and the first thing that Lucy's eyes came to view with, were a pair of onyx orbs staring right back at her.

"N-Natsu what are you d-doing here?" Lucy spoke in a raspy voice as she noticed how dangerously close both of their faces were. She blushed slightly and backed away, while looking down at her lap.

Lucy crossed her arms over her chest, avoiding Natsu's intense stare. "And haven't you ever heard of something called 'personal space'?"

Natsu gave her a look as if to say that she had asked the most stupid question you could have ever asked. "To take you to the guild hall!" He grinned. "Yeah!" Happy squeaked as he sat on top of Natsu's head.

Lucy slouched and leaned back against the bed, groaning at the two.

"But why? All I want to do is just sleep all day!" Lucy wailed. Natsu's grin then turned into a frown. "Why were you sleeping on the floor?" He asked while staring at Lucy.

That question had instantly made Lucy sit up straight, her right hand subconciously going over her chest. The feeling was finally gone, and Lucy felt normal again.

"I guess I rolled off of the bed while sleeping." Lucy chuckled while scratching her head slightly, earning a weird look from Happy but he shook it off.

"Come on guys! We need to hurry up and head over to the guild!" Happy said with excitement. "All right geez, just give me some time to get ready." Lucy groaned while getting up.
___________________________

The three of them were now infront of the huge, wooden double doors and as Lucy was just about to open it, Natsu stopped her. He turned around and grinned at Lucy, trying to hold back a giggle.

Lucy gave him a confused look and then looked at Happy who was doing the same thing. "Are you ready?" Happy spoke up but Lucy gave him a blank look.

"For what?" She replied while both of them opened the doors for her.

"SURPRIISEEEEEEE!!!" The whole guild screamed at Lucy's face which was then followed by a loud 'bang' which resulted in colourful confetti falling down from the ceiling. Her eyes widened at the sudden outburst and she walked inside the guild while having a look around the guild.

There were tables full of all kinds of exotic food and there was a separate table with so many pretty, delicious, decorated desserts. Lucy smiled as her eyes first took in the view of Cana, who was sat at the bar near barrels of alcohol which were stacked up into huge pyramids. In between them was a huge iced statue of Lucy, that stood between the barrels and Gray was evidently standing next to his marvellous piece of work and nodded at Lucy.

Lucy's smile grew bigger and bigger as she looked around the now-colourful hall, admiring everyone's work but what stood out to her the most, was the tower of beautifully wrapped presents surrounding the gigantic strawberry cake that was baked to perfection.

Above it was a sentence all made out of hot, red, glowing fire that read: 'HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY LUCY!' And she instantly knew it was the one and only Fire Dragon Slayer who could do such a thing.

Lucy's eyes finally landed on the rest of the guild who were all standing together in a group, smiling widely at her, and in the centre of the huge pack was a grinning Master Makarov. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY!" They all shouted together.

"You guys..." Lucy choked out as her eyes formed with tears. It was Lucy's 23rd birthday today and she didn't even remember!

"How could I forget my own birthday?" Lucy thought in disbelief. Natsu approched from behind Lucy while laughing, and stood beside her, with Happy on his shoulder.