Chapter 39. Baby Elena!

The hospitals opened window invited the evenings cool breeze along with the orange hues of the setting sun. It was just an hour ago, that little Elena had been born. Sting was overflowing with joy on the inside as he held his tiny, sleeping baby girl in his arms.

Lucy groaned and slowly opened her eyes, removing the oxygen mask off of her face as it was not needed anymore. As soon as she woke up, she immediately felt the crucial pain down in her lower region.

However, the pain vanished as soon as she turned her head, and her eyes landed on a smiling Sting with a baby wrapped up in a baby pink blanket in his arms. Her hand shot over her mouth as her eyes turned watery.

"Is that..."

"Yep." Sting stood up and handed Elena over to Lucy, who gladly cradled the newborn being in her thin arms. "It's a girl." He beamed with happiness.

Elena stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes, revealing her big, blue orbs which had a slight tint of grey, instantly reminding Lucy of Sting. Surprisingly, Elena didn't cry as she woke up, almost knowing that she felt safe in her mothers arms.

"She's beautiful." Lucy stroked her tiny, golden strands of hair but gasped at the big, red bruise on top of her soft head. "What happ-"

"You passed out while giving birth, so they had to vacuum her out of you. The pressure of the suction cup created the bruise on her head, but the midwife said that it'll heal in no time." Sting explained and gave her a reassuring smile.

Lucy nodded with wide eyes, surprised that she had passed out. "That explains why I couldn't remember anything, and the pain down there..." She grimaced slightly, causing Sting to chuckle.

"They had to give you several stitches because of the vacuum extraction, but they'll heal within a couple of weeks or so." Sting glanced down at Elena and smiled.

"She looks just like you," Lucy sniffed as she glanced from Elena, to Sting. Sting nodded and stood beside her bed, stroking her head comfortingly. "She also has your beautiful hair." He added on, making Lucy giggle.

"I-I just can't believe it...it's all over now. I'm officially a mother." Lucy's voice cracked as she smiled up at Sting. He nodded and planted a firm kiss on her forehead, resting his right cheek on the top of her head. "And I'm officially a father."

Sting wanted this moment to last forever, the feeling of having Lucy and his daughter with him gave him all the comfort in the world. He felt happy and relaxed.

He was proud to be able to have his wife and daughter with him, although Lucy wouldn't be with him much longer, he decided that he would cherish every single possible moment with her.
__________________________

The celebration party was held at the Guild, just how Lucy wanted. Everyone adored Elena so much and became in love with her at first site.

The Guild congratulated Sting and Lucy on Elena's birth and were happy for the couple. Most of the Guild members were in happy tears at the birth of Elena, making Lucy also cry with them.

Richard, Sting's father, was an emotional wreck and couldn't stop his niagra falls of tears as he was over the moon on finally having a grandchild.
He nudged Sting in the side with his elbow, raising a brow.

"So, when do I get my next grandchild?" He teased, causing Sting to scowl. "Father!" Sting grumbled, looking away in shame. Richard gave a hearty laugh and gave his son a hard pat on the back. "I'm messing with ya, I'm glad that you and Lucy got married. I'm proud of you for changing your ways and finally realising your responsibilities." He confessed before walking off to the bar to drown himself with beer.

"Hey, you okay?" Rogue appeared from behind him. "Yeah, I'm fine..." Sting replied coolly, even though he wasn't.

"I'm kinda shocked cuz. I would have never imagined you to be a father, let alone get married! That Lucy Heartfilia is quite a something, don't you think?"

Sting gazed at Lucy from afar who was chatting away to her Guild mates. "Yeah, she is." A smile appeared on his face at he thought of her. "She's a keeper, and I've seen how happy she makes you. Don't let her go." Rogue winked playfully but Sting sighed.

Deep down, it upset him as Elena would be the only child he could have. He was still not emotionally ready to let Lucy go yet, and with Elena by his side who reminded him of Lucy, made the idea of forgetting about her harder than ever.

"She's so pretty, like Lucy!" Wendy chirped as she gazed at Elena who was in Mirajane's arm. The other girls nodded in agreement but Sting piped in and cleared his throat. "She has my eyes, which makes her even prettier." He boasted.

Lucy rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. "Are you ever going to stop mentioning that?" She grumbled in a slightly irritated tone. Sting grinned and draped an arm over her shoulder. "Nope." He said, popping the 'p' obnoxiously.

"Congratulations Lucy and Sting!" Natsu mumbled with a mouth full of food as he approched the couple. Gray sneakily threw a dumpling at the back of Natsu's head, causing him to turn around and chase after him in fury.

Lucy laughed at this and shook her head. "They haven't changed a bit." She stated. "Mhmm, the only thing missing in the guild is you." Mirajane admitted as Elena blindly played around with the ends of her silver, long hair.

Just in time, Makarov walked up to them with a broad smile on his face. "That will soon change. Thanks to this handsome, young man over here," He nodded at Sting. "Lucy is now able to rejoin Fairy Tail!"

Everybody's ears pears perked up at this and they all cheered in joy. Levy ran up to Lucy, squeezing her with a hug. "I'm so glad that you're back! I've missed you so much." Levy wailed, causing Lucy to laugh and hug her back.

"Can I hold her?" Levy asked as she eagerly eyed Elena in Mirajanes arms. Lucy gave her a nod of approval and she happily rushed towards Mirajane.
Lucy then turned to Sting.

"I never knew you were serious about getting me back into the Guild." Lucy stated in shock. Sting smirked and pulled Lucy close to him.

"I'm a man of my word. I know how much Fairy Tail means to you, hence why I got you back into the Guild." He stated and Lucy smiled and pecked him on the cheek.

"Thank you so much, you're the best."

He smirked and shrugged his shoulders. "I know."

Levy suddenly called out to Lucy.

"LuLu, I think she's hungry!" Levy shouted as she tried to hush the crying baby down. "I'm coming!" Lucy yelled but Sting grabbed her wrist, stopping her from leaving.

"Lucy, I just want you to know," He started, catching Lucy's full attention.

"That I'm glad you came into my life." He stated. Lucy blushed and gave him a shy smile.

"I'm glad, that you came into my life too." She replied before scurrying off to Levy.
__________________________

Short chapter i know i know, i'm sorry;-; the next chapter will be the final one, and will be emotional as well (kind of?)

Thanks for reading!
- Nafisa xo ♥️