15

Author's pov

The sound of the doorbell enticed Jangmi to unlock the main entrance of her house or more like her husband's mansion.

With a thump of house slippers, she hurried toward the main door.

On the other side of the door, Jungkook was hitting the sole of his shoe periodically. Another middle-aged man standing a few steps away from him, holding the wrapped up files.

Jungkook glances up when he heard the door open. Jangmi was standing in her red pyjamas and slippers, her face was suffering from the whirlpool of emotions.

"Good Evening"
A wave of shock and confusion travelled inside the female's body.

"Good Evening"
She mumbled and gave some space for both the men's to enter.
"Mr Choi"
Jangmi muttered under her breath acknowledging the lawyer.

She pursued behind them catching the relaxation in Jungkook's posture.
"Thank God he isn't angry"

"Mr Choi, please leave the paper here and give us some privacy"
Jungkook said placing his bottom on the cushion sofa. The said man placed the required papers on the table and walked out of the house. (waiting outside for collecting the papers)

"Come sit here"
Jangmi couldn't help her heartbeat which was beating at an irregular rate. Although the male looks calm and happy but you never know when the tables could flip. Nevertheless, she took her seat beside Jungkook.

"Jungkook I'm sorry-"

"It's okay"
The expansion of female's eyes gave away her shock.

Jungkook chuckled heartily.
"It's okay Jangmi. I'm not mad. I'm sorry for overreacting and leaving you"

When he didn't get a reply from the surprised human he went on with his talk.

"I realised that this loveless marriage isn't going anywhere and at some point, this was bound to happen. I appreciate you for all the efforts you put in but in the end, both of us can't fall in love. So it's best if we peacefully get away from each other and continue our lives as good friends"

A warmness of arms surrounded the male. Jangmi couldn't control her tears, she wrapped her arms around the shoulder taking her soon to be ex-husband in a hug.

"It's okay"
Jungkook patted her back. Soothing her like a friend.

"Oh thank god,"
Jangmi said in a wobbly tone.
"I thought this was all gonna turn dirty. Us, our parents........... Everything would be destroyed"

She wiped her tears and detached herself.

"I also comprehend all the efforts you made Jungkook. Even after all these years, you did leave my side and supported me. Indeed, we can't love each other but you'll always be a good friend for me"

This was indeed a peaceful separation. None of them expected it to turn out like this. But for how long can you drag a dead marriage.

"These are divorce papers. I have already signed it."
Jungkook passed the black file to Jangmi.

She clasped the file between her soft manicured hands. This was all too smooth for her. She expected her husband to shout at her, call her a cheater or any other names which she deserves.
The pain in her parent's eyes and the disappointment from inlaws. It was all gonna turn dirty but not now.

"I'll sign them in the morning"
Jangmi gave a beautiful smile.

Jungkook nodded and fixed his back sitting attentively.
"I have something to tell you...............after storming out of your apartment. I.......I slept with a friend of mine. I'm sorry for cheating on you"