harry potter

He tried to save me from myself, but I was already long gone. It was too late by the time he knew. And I couldn't leave my brother alone.

I'll never forget the look on his face when I crossed the grounds to my parents. Betrayal, disbelief, and disappointment. I hate myself as much as he does.

I can't return to Hogwarts, can I? Not now, surely. But I miss his face. The scar on his forehead reminds me of my mistakes, and I doubt he'd ever forgive me. Draco and I deserve every dirty look we get.

I remember not long before the battle, Harry held my hands, his forehead resting against mine. I knew the war was coming, but I wanted a moment with him. And that moment defined our relationship, only hours before I destroyed it.

I will regret my decision for the rest of my life. And if I could take it all back, I would. But memories flash through my mind. Our first kiss, the ball, Draco's constant disapproval.

Mother only thought I was dating Harry to help Voldemort, but I really did love the boy. I never stopped.

Now I understand things will never be the same with us. I truly am a Slytherin, and he truly is a Gryffindor. The differences between us out-way our similarities. But at one point, there was an undeniable spark. Then the candle was blown out.