draco malfoy

"You can't keep going back to him, Y/N," Luna says calmly. "He's hurt you more times than I can count. He doesn't deserve you."

I sit on the rock, my head in my hands, my lips turned down into a frown. "But I love him, Luna. I can just forgive him, like I always do."

She stares blankly at me. "You're going to let him continue to hurt you? I have something that's going to be hard to hear."

"Say it, I can take it."

Luna sits beside me, her hand squeezing mine. "He's your first love, and nobody can just forget their first love. But first loves don't always work out, and I don't think this will," she says softly. "You've given him too many chances, and you can't let him continue to tear you down."

I look into her piercing blue eyes. Her words sink in, and maybe she is right. I should forget him if he causes this much pain.

"Thank you Luna," I whisper, wiping the tear that escapes my eye off my cheek. "I should go."

I stand, walking back towards the castle. I can almost feel myself regaining strength, regaining the feeling of independence, until I see him. He's standing in the courtyard, his hands shoved into his pockets. His eyes look at me expectantly.

My confidence crumbles. Everything I said and thought only minutes ago turns to dust. When I see him walking towards me, his arms outstretched to hug me, I break. I can't stop loving this boy, no matter how toxic we are together. I just can't. I crumble into his arms, letting the familiar feeling of his presence comfort me once again.