draco malfoy

He's so arrogant, but I can't get him out of my head.

"Excuse you," Draco says, shoving me out of his way.

I bump into another student, quickly muttering an apology. "Watch where you're walking next time," I grumble, pursing my lips.

The pale boy rolls his eyes. "Please," he scoffs. "Watch where you stand."

I begin to walk away, my robes swishing at my feet, when he grabs my arm. I turn back, startled. "Please do not touch me," I say.

He leans in close, his warm breath tickling my ear. "Meet me by the Great Lake after curfew," he whispers, only loud enough for me to hear.

Then he lets go of my arm abruptly, pushing me backwards. Crabbe and Goyle chuckle, pushing past me.

I watch them walk away, my heart beating a million beats per minute. Why would he want me to meet him at the lake, especially after curfew?

I hurry back to the common room. What could Malfoy possibly want? Maybe it's some sort of sick, cruel joke. A dare, I'm sure. But something in the back of my mind is itching for me to go.

I wait for the others to fall asleep before I tiptoe out of the dormitories. I rush towards the door, careful to not make any noise. If I'm caught, who knows what could happen to me.

I sneak through the castle, pausing before the doors. Then, I push through them and run down to the lake.

I see him first, standing alone, gazing at the moon. I take a moment to compose myself before halting at his side.

"Listen, I don't know what kind of sick joke you and your friends are pulling, but I'm not falling for any of it," I say sternly, crossing my arms.

Draco focuses his eyes on mine, turning to face me. "So that's the kind of guy you think I am?" he asks, tilting his head just slightly. The moonlight reflects off his face perfectly.

I shake my head, "What am I supposed to think? You're just a selfish, arrogant jerk!"

"No, listen to me," Draco whispers, taking a step towards me. He grabs my hand and I pull back. "I swear I'm not like that."

I take a deep breath. "You go around the place acting like you own it, like you have the right to hurt people-"

His lips are on mine before I can even finish my sentence. His hands are running through my hair when I decide kiss back. I wrap my arms around his neck as we press together, our lips still touching. Then, I stop, taking a step back. I'm breathing heavy.

"Y/N," he says.

"No," I reply, shaking my head. "A kiss can't erase your mistakes and how you act in general. I just can't do it."

I take off running as he calls my name. Sure, I've liked him for years, but it's a forbidden love. I can't be with someone who doesn't show respect for anyone else, myself included.