Chapter Five

Brinley's Pov
I opened my eyes and sat up. I was at the lot with Soda. I guess we fell asleep. I looked down at him sleeping. He was so cute. I decided I should wake him up. I leaned down and kissed him.

"Hey, Soda, we fell asleep," I said.

He sat up and looked around. "I guess we did," he said laughing.

We got up and got into the truck. He drove us back to his house.

"Think Darry is gonna be mad?" I asked.

He looked at me and smiled. "Yeah, but it was worth it," he said grinning, making me blush.

We got out of the truck and entered the house. Darry sat in his arm chair reading a magazine. We we entered the house he set it down and stood up.

"Where the heck were you two?" Darry asked sternly.

"Sorry, Darry. We were at the lot. We accidentally fell asleep," I said shyly.

"Did you two do anything?" Darry asked worried.

We both shook our heads. "I mean, we are dating now, but nothing happened," Soda said.

Darry smiled. "Wow. You finally did it. I'm happy for you two, but next time don't get me worried," he said and then left for his room.

Me and Soda turned to each other and laughed. Soda laid down on the couch and I laid on top of him. He began to play with my hair. He looked at me and smiled.

"You know, I love you a lot," he said.

I smiled. "I love you more," I said back, grinning.

"I don't think that is even possible," he said smiling.

"Oh I think it is," I said laughing.

He got an evil grin and then began tickling me. I began to laugh and whisper scream, so I didn't wake up the others. He stopped and looked into my eyes. I stared back into his. Our lips met. His lips so soft. I bit his lip and then let go, pulling away. He had his billion dollar smile on.

"Goodnight my love," I said.

"Goodnight, future wife," he said smiling.

I smiled and closed my eyes. I snuggled into his chest and fell asleep.

————————————
I swear I heard someone scream. I got off of Soda and looked out the door. There was a girl outside on the sidewalk getting beat up by a bunch of Socs. I ran back to Soda and shook him.

"Huh, what is it, Brin?" Soda asked, not fully awake.

"There is a girl out there getting beat up by Socs," I said freaking out.

He jumped up and woke up all the boys, everyone spent the night at the house, just not in the living room. They all ran through the door and began beating up the Socs. I grabbed the girl and took her inside. I laid her on the couch and grabbed an ice pack. I came back and set it on her bruised up stomach. Then I went and grabbed a wet cloth from the bathroom and began cleaning all the blood off her. I went and grabbed the first aid kit and set everything I needed out. The girl shot up and looked at me, scared to death.

"Who are you?! What are you doing to me?!" She shouted. Then she winced. "Ahhh!! Ouch!!" She screamed in pain.

"Lean back. I'm trying to help you. Me and my friends just saved you from a bunch of Socs. You need to relax so I can sew you up," I said calmly.

She nodded and laid back. "Thank you," she said.

I nodded and began sewing up all her really deep cuts. One on her eyebrow bone, two different cheek ones, one on her arm, and three on her stomach. I laid the ice pack back on her bruised stomach.

"I've not seen you around," I said starting small talk.

"Well, I came here from New York. I just moved in down the street. I was gonna go for a walk," she said starting to tear up.

"Hey, it's ok. We are here for you," I said smiling at her.

She smiled back. "What's your name?" She asked.

"Brinley Marie," I said smiling.

"That's a pretty name. Is it first and middle?" She asked.

I nodded. "What is your name?" I asked.

"Madison Tucker, Madison May Tucker," she said. "But you can call me Mads," she added.

I smiled and nodded. The boys came in and all gathered around.

"Are you ok?" Darry asked, walking over to us.

"Yeah I'm fine," she said smiling a tiny bit.

She looked over at Dally and smiled. "Dallas Winston," she said smiling.

He looked over and saw her. His jaw immediately dropped. "Mads?" He asked confused.

She nodded and gestured for them to talk outside. We all gathered around the window and watched the end of their talk. When they finished, they hugged. All of us went back to what we were doing before they came back in.

"So, how old are you?" Pony asked.

She smiled. "I'm 19. How old are you?" She asked Pony.

"I'm 14," he said smiling.

"Can you introduce me to everyone?" She asked him.

He nodded. "I'm Ponyboy. You can call me Pony. That over there is Darry, my brother. He is 20. Over there is Steve and Two, 17 and 18. That's my best friend, Johnny. He's 16. You know apparently know Dally. I probably met Brinley, but she is 17. And that is her best friend and boyfriend, Sodapop. He is 17 also, and my brother," he said pointing to everyone of us.

She nodded. "Nice to meet you all. And thank you for saving me," she said smiling.

We all nodded and some said 'you're welcome'. We all talked for a bit. I noticed Mads and Darry flirting a lot. I kinda ship them. I leaned over to Soda and kissed him and then whispered in his ear.

"I ship Mads and Darry," I said.

He nodded and smiled. "Me too," he said and then kissed me.

I got up and went into the kitchen to grab some cake. Mads followed me.

"You are probably wondering how me and Dally know each other," she said.

I nodded. And she smiled. "Good, because I want to tell you. Ok so, me and Dally grew up together in New York and did everything together. We were best friends. He is the one who helped me through the worst times when my parents died in a fire. We got as close as siblings and even count each other as siblings. I knew Dally moved to Tulsa and I missed him, so now I'm here," she said.

I smiled. "So, Dallas Winston has emotion," I said laughing.

She smiled. "More than you think," she said joining in on the laugh.

We made way back to the living room and Darry stopped Mads. He got up and took her to the kitchen with him. I smiled and followed them. I waited by the door and listened in.

"So, it's obvious that we are flirting hardcore. And I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date sometime," Darry said.

I smiled. Aww. The ship has sailed.

"I'd love to Darry. I really like you," Mads said.

I began jumping up and down and ran back to Soda. I told him what happened and we both began doing a little party dance. We looked at each other and laughed. We sat down and looked at each other. I leaned in and kissed me real quick.

"Let's go on a date tomorrow," he said.

I smiled. "Sounds like a plan."