Chapter Three

Brinley's Pov
I slowly sat up and looked at everyone of them. They all looked sad. The whole gang was there. Everyone I love besides.... besides my mom.

"Did my mom stop by?" I asked.

They all looked at me and shook there heads. That just made me sad. Maybe she hadn't heard I was in the hospital yet. Maybe if she knew, she would have rushed over. A nurse came walking in and smiled at me.

"Brinley, you are free to leave," she said smiling.

I nodded and slowly swung my feet off the bed. Soda grabbed my hand and helped me up.

"If you want, I'll carry you," Soda said.

I smiled and nodded. "Sure, Soda," I said.

He bent down and I put my feet around his waist and got on his back. He gripped around my thighs and lifted me higher on his back. We walked through the door, the boys following us. Two laughed, causing me to turn around and give him a death glare. I looked back at Soda and saw him blushing. This boy could not get any cuter.

——————————

Soda helped out of the truck and walked me into the house. He slowly helped me down onto the couch.

"Soda, I'm fine. It's not like I broke my legs," I said laughing.

He looked at me and smiled for a minute before looking serious again. "Maybe not. But you do have a concussion," he said.

I rolled my eyes and laid my head back on the couch. Two-Bit put on Mickey and we all watched. My eyes started getting heavy so I closed them. Soon enough I was asleep.

——————————

I woke up to Pony shaking me. I sat up and looked around. Everyone was asleep in the living room besides me and him.

"Your mom is on the phone," he said.

My eyes opened wide. I was shocked. I got up and walked to the phone, slowly raising it to my ear.

"Uh. Hello?" I said.

"Hey, Brinley. It's your mom. I heard what happened. Are you alright? I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the hospital. You are lucky to have those boys," she went on.

I smiled at the thought of the boys. I was lucky to have them. "I'm okay, mom. And it's fine. At least you called to check on me. Do you want me come home tonight?" I asked.

"Uh. Not tonight. I won't be home. I gotta go to work," she said.

I rolled my eyes a bit. "That's fine. I'll see you later," I said.

The phone called ended and I set it down. I doubt my mom has work. She was probably just gonna get drunk again. Ever since my dad died, she has been getting addicted to alcohol.

I went back into the living room and sat down next to Soda, who was awake now. I laid my head on his shoulder and sighed.

"What's wrong, Brin?" He asked.

I smiled a sad smile and looked at him. "My mom called. She doesn't even want me home. I mean, at least she checked up on me. I think she is getting drunk again tonight," I said sadly.

He sighed and put his hand on my cheek, rubbing his thumb up and down. "I'm sorry, Brin. I wish things were different for ya," he said.

I smiled and closed my eyes.

Sodapop's Pov
I was talking to her one minute and she was asleep the next. I looked over at Two, who was now awake. He smiled a sly smile.