Chapter 21

Dabi's POV

Handy man made me go a couple towns over to 'scout' new recruits there, but there were just too many pros around. Even at night they patrolled everywhere. To make things worse, I broke my phone during a small scuffle with one of the underground pros. So I turned it to ash and just dealt with it till Smokey picked me up with one of his portal things. How he knows where we are to pick us up all the time is a mystery to me, but I'm not complaining about it.

I got a new phone on my way back home, although it's a new number. I don't have Y/N's number memorized... I should probably go see her. I don't want her thinking I just up and left.

I get up to her door and unlock it, just as I open the door I hear a male voice say something about endeavor. 'Wait why endeavor?? And why a guy's voice?'

Stepping into the apartment I lift my eyes and see Y/N and three dudes. I know the green one is a UA student, I'm assuming the one with the eye bags is too. My eyes flicked to the third male and my blood ran cold.

I'd recognize that split hair color anywhere, and that icy blue eye staring back at me just solidifies it. My little brother is here... but where the fuck did that scar on his face come from?

I look to Y/N and I can tell she's figured it out by the look on her face. I look her in the eyes, hoping she understands I don't want her to mention anything before putting my stoic mask on and shaking my head. "Hey Y/N. I was coming by to tell you what's been up, but I can leave and come back later." I say as I turn around to walk back out the door.

"No! Dabiiiiiii, stay please? I want you to meet Izu and Hito!" I don't have to see her face to know she's pouting right now. "And you owe me. I've been worried sick since you've been gone!" Shit, i can't say no to that.

A defeated sigh slips from my lips as I lean my head back and close my eyes. "Alright, that's fair. But I need a word with you alone. Just for a sec." I say, motioning for her to follow me out her door.

She excused herself with a smile and follows me out, shutting the door behind her. I turn around and wrap her up in a tight hug. "I am so sorry, I broke my damn phone while I was out of town for work. I hope you've been doing ok."

She hugs me back and giggles softly as she buries her head into my chest. "It's alright. I figured you were just really busy. And I've been fine. " She pulls away and smiles up at me, her arms snaking around my neck to pull me down to her lips.

   Who knew you could miss someone's lips like this? She obviously missed mine just as much as I feel her tongue slide across my rough bottom lip. I smirk into the kiss before allowing her entrance, backing her up against the brick wall between the doors of our apartments before I dominate the kiss.

   With her pressed between the wall and my body, we move our lips and tongues in sync with each other. I decide to sneak a gentle bite to her bottom lip, earning a moan so soft I almost didn't hear it. My arms around her waist pull her closer while I trail kisses from her lips, across her jawline, and down her neck as I feel hands move up to tug at my hair.

   After a few more small moments, She pulls away with a smile and I watch her E/C gaze go from soft and a little lustful to serious. "So are you going to explain what just happened in there?"

I lean down to kiss her forehead, as she unlaced her arms from the back of my neck. "Yeah, but it'll have to wait till your visitors are gone. I'll stay for a while though, I know you want me to meet them. And I've gotta head back out for a couple more days tomorrow night."

She nods, obviously a little disappointed. We head back inside and I take a seat on the couch beside her since the three guys seem to have decided to huddle up and have a gossip conference in the floor while we were talking. Of course all conversation stops as soon as we walk in.

"Okaaaaaaay... so Dabi, this is Hitoshi Shinsou," she points to the sleepy guy with the purple hair. I'll call him zombie. "That's Izuku Midoriya," she said pointing to the freckled greenette. His name shall be green bean. "And that's Shoto Todoroki." She points to my little brother who, thankfully, hasn't recognized me yet. Of course I greet them all. "And everyone, this is Dabi!" She says excitedly, pointing over to me. It takes serious effort to hold back the chuckle tugging at my lungs. I might have let a smirk crack the apathy on my face though. Just a little.

"You sure do have strange taste Y/N" zombie boy says. Not trying to hide the fact that he's eyeballing the patchwork scars on my face. I've spent so much time with Y/N that I'd almost forgot I look like a freak.

"HITOSHI!" Green bean smacks the asshole on the shoulder. "If N/N(nickname) likes him then I'm sure he's a good guy. Don't be rude." He hisses. After he finishes scolding his boyfriend he looks to me and offers his hand for a shake, which I take firmly. "I'm sorry, he can be a real jerk sometime-no, most of the time" he shoots me an apologetic smile, earning a scoff from zombie guy.

I avoid eye contact with Shoto as much as I can through the whole visit. He's quiet to begin with so it's not obvious that I'm avoiding him. He doesn't show much in his face either, but I catch him studying me out of the corner of my eye every now and then.

Y/N's new little fur ball is a nice distraction though. He's decided my lap is the perfect bed. I think I kinda like cats, I've never really had a chance to have a pet before. Maybe I should get one.... like I'd be able to with the league breathing down my neck. Psycho would probably rip the thing to shreds when she found it. Yeah no pets.

We all ended up getting along fine though. Sharing a few jokes here and there and I got to hear a couple wild stories about Y/N in high school. She apparently can't hold her liquor for shit. I definitely took a mental note to get her drunk with me soon. I also got a couple good smacks to the back of my head from Y/N for making a couple lewd jokes. Everyone laughed, she was just being a brat about it.

After about an hour I decide it'd be best for me to head home. It's not really all that late, I just need to get out of here before Shoto gets any ideas.

I take the cat, who's somehow made his way to the inside of my shirt, and set him down on the ground as I stand up and stretch my arms before announcing that I'm leaving.

I wave goodbye to everyone lazily, my social battery has been dangerously low since I got here. But before I could get to the door I'm pulled around by the sleeve of my jacket. Next thing I know, I feel soft lips on mine. Not needing to see who it is, I kiss her back with a smile.

Pulling away to place a quick peck against her cheek, I pull out a piece of paper I'd written my new number on and put it in her hands. "That's my new number. Call me if you need anything. I'll be awake for a good while anyways."

I ruffle her H/C locks before turning around and walking out the door and into my own apartment.

'Fuck. I hope Shoto didn't piece anything together. Shit...'