chapter 33

Dabi's POV

"You came back, have decided to turn yourself in, to protect a woman? A villain?!" My father's tone was severe. He was pissed. Things had finally calmed down to the point that talking was a possibility, it only took a black eye and probably a broken rib on my end since I refused to fight back. The old man really hasn't changed since I left.

"She's not a fucking villain, She hasn't committed any crimes. I'm a villain. And I already told you I'll give you all the info on the league, just save her like the hero you claim to be." My retort was as calm as I could manage with my voice straining from the adrenaline. Being here and dealing with his shit again, everything in me was still coiled to run. After all the training, all the things I've done to prove to myself that I'm stronger, he still makes me feel like that helpless child I was when I ran.

Poor Fuyumi, all she could do was watch in horror as I let the hulking man take his frustration out on me. Luckiky it was short,, only a handful of hits landed as I dodged before he'd stopped.. If I heard right, she'd made a call. natsu and shoto should be here soon. I need to get a deal before they show up, or all hell is going to break loose and my chance will be lost.

The last thing I was expecting as I locked eyes with the cold blue stare of my father's was for him to wrap me in a tight hug. A hug so tight I thought the rest of my ribs might shatter. "Touya, I'm proud that you've decided to turn things around and get back on the right path. To help the heroes and protect another, I never thought you were fit for a villain my son." Maybe the old man has changed a little...

"Whatever just let me go, unless you're trying to kill me." I managed to choke out. As I was abruptly let go, i winced. If my rib wasn't actually broken before, it was now. Glancing at my sister though, she was just as shocked as I felt. "So does this mean you'll help Y/N?" I asked, refocusing on the now calm number one hero.

He was about to answer when the door flies open. "Touya's back? I swear if you hurt him ill-" Natsu's eyes go wide as I see him scanning my features like Yumi had. It only takes all of two seconds before I'm pulled into another bone crushing hug. "I was starting to think you really were dead..." he whispered out, just loud enough for me to hear.

"Fuck... let go... ribs..." I wheezed out. As I was let go I look over by the door to see a rather stunned shoto, the baby of the family. He smiled softly but stayed quiet as he joined the rest of us. I was so happy to see that my siblings were alright. I took a shallow breath as to not agitate my already painful ribs. "I won't be back for long, I've got a date with 'justice' or whatever you goody goods call it." I said with a smirk. I knew I was going to prison, that was an unescapable reality right now. Y/N would be safe though. With that thought I felt myself relax and give a real genuine smile.

...

Over the next few days I turned myself in alongside my father, he's pulled strings to keep this from getting out to the public until the rest of the league can be caught thankfully. Im now in the supermax prison till I have my hearing and trial in just a couple more days. Thanks to the lawyer endeavor set me up with I got a pretty nice plea bargain though. Minimum I'm looking at is 2 years, maximum is a little closer to 40. I'm cool with whatever as long as things go right.

I haven't heard anything about Y/N though. God I hope she's alright. it feels like it's been forever since I'd seen her last. I honestly didn't think missing her would start to eat away at me like it's started to.

I'm laying on the shit tier cot in my cell, just staring up at the ceiling. The place was too bright for my taste, but hey, I landed myself here I guess. If you had told me a year ago that I would willingly go to see my father and turn myself in I would have laughed in your face and probably turned you to ash, but I guess things change, people change. Hell, even that piece of shit has changed a bit. I'm still not too keen on him, but given the favors he's doing right now I'm willing to give it a chance. Maybe when I get out of here I can just live a regular life. No pressure to be a hero, no villainous crimes, just an average life. maybe I could start my own business even,, or take some classes and get a degree. maybe I'll get to do all this with Y/N... if she still wants anything to do with me after all this mess.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I hear my cell door open. Two pros stand outside my cell. "Trial, then we've got an appointment at the station for you." Raising a curious brow, I get up and allow them to lead me wherever. More questioning? Maybe the league was caught and they need more info... or maybe someone slipped passed them and my deal is fucked...

As the possibilities swirl in my head I'm lead into a private courtroom with your traditional judge and jury situation. Proceedings start and I just speak my truth, ready for whatever they decide. What seems like an eternity later, the verdict is finally made and sentencing begins. "Touya Todoroki, on all counts you plead guilty. Given the bargain you've taken and your obvious eagerness to be honest and truthful, you will get the minimum of 2 years in supermax along with an extra 3 years probation after release. You'll be required to join the rehab program at whatever agency will take you for those 3 years. If I see you in my courtroom for violent crime again I won't be so merciful, am I understood?" His gaze was crushing, but I didn't need to be intimidated to agree. Things could have gone so much worse and I'm just thankful it's fine.

...

Arriving at the station a while after, I'm given updates on the investigation and raid operation. The league had been captured, Including the kingpin all for one Thanks to my father and the rest of the top heroes. "All that's left is for us to wait till you're called in." One of my pro hero escorts said.

"Called in for what?"

"You'll see." Was all he said and refused to give any more on the subject.

I waited there as patiently as I could, my leg was fidgeting though. I'm not a fan of surprises, and it's entirely too quiet. The boredom I've had to deal with since I turned myself in is almost too much for me to handle.

I perk up as they stand, seeming to have gotten a message on their little headsets. They motion for me to follow after they re-secure my wrists in quirk suppressing cuffs. They take me down the hall and to the interrogation room. the door opens and I feel myself release a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Everything worked out perfect. A wide and genuine smile stretched across my face as my eyes locked with feline E/C. She was shocked obviously, which just earned a chuckle from me as I took the seat being offered by tsukauchi. "I'll give you two a few moments, as promised." And with that he gave us both a nod and walked out.

I'd finally managed to do something right...