(Chapter 16) lost and found

•••katniss pov•••

"Come on Rye, let's go find Willow and Daddy." I say rushing him out the door.
"Wait I have to get my teddy bear." he yells.
"We can get it later hun, right now we have to go." I say still rushing him through the door.
We hop into the elevator and press the button that has a big number 1 on it, which means the first level.
I look back at Rye and say "are you sure you don't know where they went?"
He crosses his arms and puts his hand on his chin as for to try and think, then looks back up at me. "nope I went to sleep and they were here and then I woke up this morning and they were gone."
At this comment I almost want to just go back to the room and wait for them to get back, they could be anywhere by now. I decide it would just be best to go back to the room and wait for them, so I tell Rye to press the 5 on the elevator and we shoot back up the way we came down.

•••Peetas pov•••

"Come on Willow, we have to move fast if we want to surprise Mommy and Rye." I whisper as we fill up the large plates with food.
This morning Willow had this good idea that we should leave really early and go get breakfast for Rye and Katniss. I thought that was a good Idea and I'm sure they would really appreciate it.
I look over to Willow who now has a full plate of food stuffed with muffins, fruit, bagels, toast, sausage, eggs, a small waffle and some syrup.
"I think that's enough Willow are you ready to go back upstairs?" I ask and she quickly nods her head.
We walk into the elevator and Willow presses the button that has a big number 5 on it. As the elevator comes to a stop the doors open and I look up to see Katniss and Rye staring at us with wide eyes.
"Peeta? Where were you?" Katniss says kind of mad but relieved.
"We wanted to surprise you mommy." Willow says loudly.
"Really?" Katniss says.
"Ya we brought you and Rye some food from downstairs." I say and hold up the large plate of food.
"Awe... thank you!" She says giving Willow a big hug then turning to me and giving me a kiss.
"For a minute I thought y'all just started our vacation without us."
She says sadly.
"We would never do that!" Willow responds.

We walk back to the room and finish eating the food.
"do you think we should call Annie and see what were doing today?" Katniss asks.
"Uh, ya I think that's a great idea!" I say and grab the phone that is sat on top of the counter.
I dial the number and wait for someone to pick up.
"Hello?" The voice says at the end of the phone.
"Hey, it's Peeta." I say
"Hey, Fin thought it would be a fun idea to just explore the beach, do y'all think you'd be up for that?" She asks.
"Of corse, sounds like fun. What time?" I ask.
"About 1:00ish." she says and I say great then hang up the phone.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sorry it took me so long to post another update, I had the flu this week and didn't have a chance to write.
I know it's not that much but I thought you guys would want more.
Thanks hope you enjoyed.