(Chapter 17) beach time

•••Katniss•••

We gather our things and help the kids put on their swimsuits. I grab a bag to put things we will need in it like... sunscreen, sunglasses, hats, beach towels and snacks. I then grab my phone and put it into the large beach bag as well and we walk out the door. The beach isn't far, so we decide it would be best if we just walked. We needed the exercise anyway and what better time than now to burn a couple calories.
Annie and Fin are waiting for us when we get out of the elevator and I look over at Annie to see she had the same idea as I did, she has a big bag of things we'll need. I lead the kids outside and we all start to walk down the sidewalk step by step until finally we approach a sign that reads "District 4 Blossom beach." I look over at the kids " this is it guys, you ready?" Willow looks up at me as if to say she was born ready and then runs down the beach with Fin and Rye following close behind.
Annie, Peeta and I follow them but instead of going into the water we stop near the shore and lay down a blanket. Annie then gets out a large umbrella and her sunglasses. "Wow you thought of everything!" I say looking straight at Annie "well I guess I've done this a few times." She says back laughing.
I almost forgot she use to live here in District 4 and then When Finnick died she moved to District 12 so she could be near family and friends.
After a couple of hours Annie suggests we go to this ice cream shop about 2 blocks from here. I thought that was a great idea so, Peeta gathers the kids and we walk down to the small ice cream shop.
When we walk in the smell of ice creams flood the room. There are Over 50 flavors. "What flavor do you want?" I say looking over at Rye.
"Umm... I don't know there are too many flavors!" He says.
"Well there's chocolate, vanilla, strawberry!"
"Oo Oo strawberry!! I wuv strawberry! I want strawberry!" He yells
"Oh oh okay baby hold on Ill get you some!" I say back looking into his baby blue eyes that remind me so much of Peetas.
"What flavor are you gonna get babe?" I say looking over at Peeta.
"I think I'm gonna get rocky road." he says.
"That sounds good I think I'll get that too!"
"Okay I'll order it, what do you want sweetpea?" He says looking over at Willow.
"CHOCOLATE!!" She yells loudly.
"haha, okay go sit down by Fin and I'll get it for you!" He says gesturing to the table beside him.
Peeta orders our ice cream and we go sit down at a small round table outside.
"It's so hot out here!" Willow says.
"We'll as soon as we finish our ice cream, how bout we go back to the beach and go for a swim." Annie says with a touch of excitement in her voice.
"Okay, ya let's do that I need to cool down." Willow says and she starts to eat her ice cream faster than she was before.
"What else do y'all want to do?" I ask looking from the kids to the adults.
Peeta looks up at me "Well I really wanted to check out that cool new Art museum. Haymitch said him and Effie went and saw it last month and it was amazing!"
"Ya sounds great!" I say back and right as Willow stands up to throw away her cup that is now empty.
"Wow, you ate that fast, how did you not get a brain freeze?" I ask.
"Mom, it's because I have skill." she says grinning.
"Mommy look...Rye has skill too!" Rye yells putting his empty bowl to a point where I can see it!
"We'll you also have managed to get all the ice cream everywhere but your mouth. I give you double points for that!" I say laughing.
I look over to see Peeta with a huge smile on his face.
Man, I wish we could do this more often.
It's now that I realize I'm gonna miss this. spending quality time with my family and never worrying about what were gonna eat or getting the kids to school on time. it's just spending time with the people I love the most and having fun at the same time.
I'm really sad that we're leaving tomorrow but there is also a small bit of happiness that we are going home, I've missed everyone so much.
I will surely never forget this trip and all of the memories we've made. I'll have to tell Peeta that we need to do it again someday but not for awhile.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••
<sorry it took me awhile guys I've been super busy>
-I'm gonna try and post some more this spring break!
Comment what you think:)
Thank y'all so much for reading!