(Chapter 12) The big News

•••Peeta pov•••

It has been 4 days since Annie told us about the trip and were all leaving tomorrow. Katniss and I still haven't told that kids about it, but I think we have decided to keep it a secret. I pack up all our clothes and toiletries, and place the suitcases into the car. I make sure they are kind of hidden so that the kids won't ask questions and we won't give away the big secret.

We've decided were gonna leave around 10:00 tomorrow so that we will have enough time to get something to eat before meeting Fin and Annie at the train station.

•••The next day•••

"Willow, Rye come get in the car!" I yell as I see then rush down the stairs and into the van.
"Why? Where are we going?" Willow asks with a confused look.
"Umm... were going to get ice cream." Katniss says with a smile, so that it looks more believable.
"Yummy, ice cream!" Rye yells loudly

•••Katniss pov•••

I kind of feel bad for lying to them. Were not really going to get ice cream, were actually headed to the train station to meet up with Annie and Fin. Then from there were leaving district 12 and saying Hello to district 4.

But I guess they will probably like this surprise better, if they don't I'm sure we can find an ice cream place somewhere.

"Ok, kids are you ready to go?" I yell looking back at Rye who still has a big smile on his face.

"Yup!" Willow says looking over at Rye who is practically jumping out of his seat. Is getting ice cream really that exciting?
Well I guess he is young so maybe that's it.

As we pull up to the train station Rye looks around with a confused look on his face.
"What's the matter Rye?" I ask even though I know exactly why he's confused.
"Where are we? This is Not the ice cream place." he says with a hint of sadness in his voice.
"Your right, it's not the ice cream place, we've decided to take you on a trip instead!"
"A TRIP! YAY! Where are we going?" Willow asks.
"Well we wanted to do something fun so we decided district 4 would be a nice place to go, they have lovely beaches and we will stay in a huge beach house along the shore line. Oh and best of all, guess what Rye?" I say looking back at him.
Rye looks up at me and says with an unhappy look "What?"
"They also have ice cream in district 4!" I say which immediately perks him up.
"Really!"
"Mmhmm." I say back.
"Ok I guess I will go!"
"Ha, like you had a choice." Willow says back with a smirk on her face.

We get out of the car and walk towards where the small pizza place that sits right next to were we'll be boarding the train, and we wait for the Odairs to show up.
But as Soon as they do Willow jumps up and runs to meet Fin. Rye looks up and follows her trying to keep up even though it's hopeless with his little chubby legs.
"Hey Willow!" Fin yells as me and Peeta walk towards Annie.
"Is Everyone ready?"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*Hope y'all enjoy
*comment what you think
*I'm gonna try and get some more up before school starts so be looking forward for some more!
*Also do y'all think I should do some chapters in Fins point of view or Willows point if view? Tell me what you think!