CHAPTER 6 - ATTACKED AGAIN

CHAPTER 6

ATTACKED AGAIN

"I'm going to go look for Zac and Jeremy!" I yelled at Ray over the music. After a few more drinks, we ended up on the dance floor with Jen and TJ.

"Okay, see ya!" He yelled back.  

I made my way to Jen who was behind Ray. She was moving to LMFAO's Sexy and I know it.

"Jen!" I yelled. I leaned closer to her ear. "Have you seen Jer and Zac?"

"Nope last time I saw Jeremy was about an hour ago. He was by the poolside. And Zac, haven't seen him," she replied.

"Alright," I said. "Well I'm going to go find them. I won the bet by the way."

Ray heard me and turned around and gave me smile before turning back to TJ.

I had told Jen all about the bet but I hadn't told her that I won it because I wanted Jeremy and Zac to know.

"OMG!" she screamed. "You and Ray?"

"Yup," I said. She hugged me.

"So cute!" she said with a big grin.  

I laughed at her then left the dance floor to look for them. I looked everywhere, inside and outside, but I couldn't find them. Getting frustrated I decided to go outside and get some air but someone grabbed me and turned me around.

"Cant find them?" Ray asked.

"I don't know where they are," I said. "I'm going to go outside for some fresh air."

"Alright," he said and let me go. I opened the doors and walked outside and stood at the edge of the pool. I looked around. I saw a boy and girl making out in the corner in a distance. On the other side, a little farther away from the poolside ,under the big oak tree I saw three boys. I couldn't make out what they were doing. They were too far away. Then I saw one of them exhale and I knew they were smoking.  

 I stayed out there for a while. The couple had left, probably to get a room, and the three boys ran out of whatever they were smoking and left.

I was all alone outside by myself. As soon as I realized that, I remembered what had happened to me at the mall parking lot.

'He couldn't have followed me all the way here,' I thought.

Just as I turned to leave, I saw something move in the bushes across from me. I stopped and watched as the creepy man walked out from the shadows and into sight. The sensor lights came on and I noticed his face was covered yet again but this time with a white mask. He walked and stopped on the edge of the other side of the pool, standing exactly opposite me. I couldn't move. I decided not to look scared. I just glared at him.

"Skylar," he said. "Nice to see you again."

"Why are you following me?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Oh don't be so negative darling," he smirked. I noticed he had a hint of French the way he said darling.

"Negative? You threatened to kill me today," I yelled. "Unless you smacked yourself on the wall really hard that you forgot!"

He chuckled. he started making his way over to me. I started backing away to the doors.

"Don't try and run this time," he said pulling out a gun. I froze on the spot.  

"Don't worry, I won't use it. But if you run, I'm going to have to."

I stood there praying someone would come outside. He shoved the gun back in his jacket.

"aw, don't cry," he said running his hand through my hair. "Sad, you're pretty, but you're going to die."

He grabbed one of the empty beer bottles off the floor and smashed it against the wall. I shrieked. He pointed the sharp broken ends of the bottle near my face. I drew in a breathe and held it.

"Dont scream," he said sliding the broken bottle down my cheek. I felt it dig into my skin and knew he had cut it. He looked at me with his mysterious grey eyes then swiped his finger down my cheek, holding his finger up so that I could see the blood on his finger. 

My blood.  

The asshole cut me. I brought my own hand up to my cheek, felt the stinging area and looked at it. Yup, blood.

"Dont worry, you'll heal," he said. He pushed one of the strands of my hair behind my ear. "Take this as a warning."

"Warning for what?" I managed to say.

"Something someone did." He said angrily.

"Why are you threatening me? I have nothing to do with you! I don't even know you," 

He brought the glass up to my chest this time. My mind kept telling me to make a run for it. I remembered what he said about using his gun. I knew he wouldn't use it because obviously it would alert everyone inside and eventually someone will call the cops.

'Run,' the voice in my head said.

I shoved him in his chest and started running. To my surprise he staggered back but got his balance and ran after me. I heard him throw the piece of glass away. I was praying that my theory of him not using the gun wouldn't let me down. I felt strong arms wrap around me and pull me back. My back hit his chest and he put an arm around my neck.

"I thought I told you not to run," he hissed. He dragged me towards the deep end of the pool.

"Let me go!" I screamed.

"I hope you can swim," he said. "Oh wait, you cant. Isn't that right?"

My heart started racing. How did he know I can't swim? Obviously he's been stalking me.

"Oh and not a word about this to anyone not even to the police, no one and I mean it, got it?"

I screamed at the top of my lungs. He grabbed the back of my hair and yanked my head back making me look into his mysterious grey eyes before he threw me into the pool.

As soon as he pushed me, I took a deep breath and kicked my feet around in the water. I felt a headache coming as I hit my head on the side when he pushed me in. I was hoping someone had heard my scream. I kicked around and felt the pool floor and managed to stand, but my head was still under water. I looked around and my eyes landed on the white sign which had an arrow on it and said 4 meters. My heart picked up speed. I was only 1.60 meters and the pool was 4 meters. I cursed as some of the water made its way into my mouth and down my throat.

At that moment, I knew that if no one found me, I was going to die.