Chapter one

"Come on momma!" Rouge shouts in excitement.

"Rouge, baby, slow down your gonna fall" I say taking her hand and pulling her toward me.

"What did I say about running in the store?" I scowld "I'm almost done with my shift, you will have to be patient."

"Okay momma" she whins.

I turn back to finish stocking the shelves when Rouge gives out a shriek of excitement.

"Illenna!" She yells and runs toward her.

"Oh hello little Rouge" Illenna says greeting her with a hug.

I walk toward her "Hey Rachelle" she says.

I nod in return.

"Hey do you think you can lock up tonight, my mom wants me home for dinner"

"Why not, can you take Rouge with you, I can pick her up after I close shop."

"Thats okay with me" Illenna says cheerfully.

I walk up to the front to grab Rouge's things

"You have to be good for Illenna okay? I'll be over to get you after I'm done."

Rouge reaches from Illenna to me "I love you momma" she says hugging me.

"I love you too baby girl" I say hugging her back.

I watch Illenna and Rouge leave, I can't help but think about her parents, the way her mother begged me to take Rouge and protect her from her possessed father. I can still her Lyla screming as Michael rips out his wife's heart. As soon as Lyla stops screaming, I hear Michael scream in grief. I almost made it back to the house when he walks out carrying Lyla's body. He begged me to end his life, to save Rouge from the monster he has become. I did as he asked and took Rouge to a different country. America to be exact. It wasn't hard to lose the Italian accents after we came. Since then Rouge lives a normal life,till her 18th birhday, she will become what her father fears the most, a bloodsucking monster.

I continue with my job : stocking shelves, checking out rude and not-so-rude customers, and cleaning up things that were spilled. It's about 3 minutes till closing and I just finished checking out a costomer, I decided to get some thingsfor the house. I then quickly start to pick out some things. I turn to go down another isle when a tall man with green eyes and a beautiful smile stops me.

"Rachelle" he says "were is the tequila? " he asks.

I am so mesmerized by his hotness that I almost didn't answer.

"D-Down islse 4" I stutter. He smiles and walks away.

That is probably the longest three minutes of my life. I try not to look at him but my curiosity takes over. I needed to see his beautiful smile and his sexy green eyes again. Everytime I glance to see him, he pierces his eyes to meet mine. I did find it oddly strange of how he keeps staring at me, I try to keep my head dow n and ignore him. He finally checks out and I leave, not wanting to be noticed, I go out the back way.

I walk to Illenna's house and knock on the door "Hey Rachelle, come in" Illenna says.

I nod and walk in "Where is she? " I whisper. Illenna points to the livingroom where I see Rouge sitting infront of the tv. I quietly walk up behind her and hug her.

"Momma!" She says excitedly

"Hey baby are you ready?" I ask and she nods her head.

I grab her jacket and help her put it on "Thank you for keeping her Illenna" I say hugging her "Anytime Rae, bye Rouge" "Bye lenna" Rouge says waving.

It didn't take us long to get home, Rouge became tired as we walked and made me carry her the rest of the way. I didn't mind of course if I didn't have and bags to carry as well, but I managed to carry her and the bags with out dropping anything.

I just about put Rouge down when I notice she is asleep, so instead I put the bags down and unlocked the door. I carry her in and lay her on the couch then return to the door to get the bags. Out the corner of my eye I see a dark figure standing by the tree at the next house over. I quickly grab the bags, rush in, and lock the door.

I decide to take Rouge up stairs and put her in my room, I know she will be safe. As I put up our food I decide to get out a blood bag, being a Hybrid, I need to drink to keep my energy. I normally don't drink blood bout that is the witch side coming out of me. I only drink when I feel threatened and that I need to be on full alert.

Before I had time to feed someone breaks into the house, my reflexes weren't the best at the time so I end up pined to the wall.

"Hello gorgeous" the man says.

I quickly recognize him from the store.

"What do you want?" I hiss

"Right now, you" he chuckles.

"Momma?"

I turn my attention to the hall, to see Rouge coming down it.

"Momma" she repeats as she walks into the kitchen.

I mentally slap myself for not closing the bedroom door, I wish I did though.

"Grab her!" The man demands

"No!" I yell and try and get to her.

Rouge screams and tries to get out of his arms. I try once more to get out of his arms and succeed, I only get a few inches away from Rouge when I'm hit in the head with and object. I can hear the men faintly talking and Rouge screaming before it all goes black.

Authors note:

Rachelle is not pronouced Rachel, it is pronouced Rochelle just spelled differently, like how the actress Rachelle Lefevre spells it.

To clear things up:

Rachelle is a hybrid mix, she is vampire and witch.

Rouge is a human girl, she is only 6 and is NOT Rachelle's biological daughter. Rouge however will turn on her own when she is 18.