chapter five

Rachelle's POV

I'm running through the woods bare foot and laughing. My long black, curly hair and white dress flowing in the wind. I turn to look behind me "Howl? Where are you?"

I stop and look around the forest "Howl?"  I feel arms snake around my waist and give a shriek of fear. "Scared Rae" Howl says kissing my neck "No you just surprised me" I say turning around to face him. 

I gentally kiss his cheek and he takes my hand "we're almost there" he says "Howl can we stop, I'm tried and my feet hurt" I whine "My love" he says pulling me onto his back " how do you think the Roman soldiers got to the different countries?" I sigh "yeah but the Romans didn't have you to carry them" I say wrapping my arms around his neck. "True, my love, true."

Howl carries me to this beautiful overlook over our city. He sits me down on a near by rock and lays out a few blankets and holds his hand out to on me.

"Howl what are you doing?" I ask taking his hand

"My love I wanted to spend time with you" he says pulling me down to the blankets

"Why?" I ask laying my head on him

He tilts my chin up "Rachelle I have to go away for a few days" I look at him almost crying "Rae my love don't cry" he says pulling me into his arms " I love you so much"  Howl says kissing me.

"I Have something for you" he smiles and grabs something from the basket

I look at him and smile "what?" I ask

"I know you said that you wanted to wait to have kids, and marry, but I don't think I can" I look at him "what do you mean you don't think you can wait?" I ask

"Rachelle Marie Sibley, I love you so much I only want the best for you, so I only have one last request" he takes a deep breath "will you marry me?"

" oh my god, Howl" I say smiling at him as he opens te black box to reveal a gold wedding band with a large Dimond in the middle and to smaller ones on each side.

"so what do you say? He says

I smile at him "Yes!" I say lauching myself into his arms. He hugs me and puts the ring on my ring finger.

"I love you my love" he says kissing me.

                                                                ~

I wake up panting and looking around. "Rachelle! Your okay" he says touching my shoulders. I flench at his touch "whoa, whoa, Rachelle I won't hurt you" he says rubbing my shoulders " is it true?" "Is what true?" "That we were getting married" "Yes Rachelle, I asked you before I left for a business trip with Michael"

"Then why don't I remember you?"

He turns me around to look at him "I remember getting a phone call from Lyla telling me I need to come home. She said you were sick and fading fast. I remember getting on the plane with Michael and him telling me that you are a strong girl, and that you will get through this.

I remember walking into your room and watching you sleep, Lyla told me you fever has gone down and that she finally got you to sleep. After she went to her room with Michael, I crawled in bed with you. You were so cold, I couldn't stand the fact that my fiance was freezing, so I took some more blankets and wrapped you in them.

I stayed by your side day and night watching doctor after doctor come in and attempt to treat you. They would stay for a few days, treat you as much as they could,  and still in the end their answer was always the same, that they couldn't do anything for you.

I remember Michael doing research on your symptoms because he swore he had seen your disease before. After countless hours of research he concluded that you had the black plague,  and the only thing that could cure it was death.

I refused to accept to watch my fiance die while I sit around and do nothing, so I begged Michael to change you. I told him if he didn't then I would kill myself. I left him to think about it and he decided.

He told me it would be best if I left you so I don't trigger any emotional reactions. I agreed and held your hand and kissed you for the last time. I whispered to you how much I love you and that I will see you again. I took your ring and completely erased myself from your life. All those pictures, and love letters I gave you, I took. Michael wanted to destroy them but I wouldn't let him, they ment so much to you."

He sighs "Leaving you was the worst thing I did" he says moving a strand of my hair.

"I know it is going to take time, but you will love me again, like you once did" he whispers "And now you will have visions of your past, our past. Your remembering me they way you want to, your going to see things that you don't want to see, things that will bring back painful feelings, but it is part of your life" he says

"What if I don't want to remember my past?" I say looking at him

"You have no choice, you have to see your past in order to move to the future " he whispers

"what did you see?" He asks

I close my eyes and sigh " I saw me running through the woods, laughing and smiling.  I turn to look behind me and started to call your name, I guess I felt scared and alone. That is when you put your arms around my waist and kissed my neck and asked me if I was scared.  I told you that I wasn't, I turn to kiss you cheek and you took my hand. I started to complain about walking and so you carried to the overlook and laid out some blankets.  You told me you were going away and I started to cry, that's when you proposed to me." I say shyly

"You were so happy Rachelle" he says caressing my hair.

"So you know about Rouge? " I ask

"Yes"

"How is she? I want to see her"

"I know Rachelle you want to but she is asleep and she is good, amazing actually.  All she talks about is you. How you fix her hair, and play with her, and all the things you like to do" he says smiling

"Like what?" I ask

"She said that you love to paint, and going on nature walks, and dancing, but most of all she said that you feel lonely."

"How would she know how I feel" I snap and cross my arms

"She said that she can tell. She said that when she looks into your eyes she can see how lonely and sad you are. Are you lonely and sad?"

I look away "I don't like showing my emotions" I say bluntly

"She also said that you tell the most amazing stories ever and that her favorite is the one about the girl getting her first kiss from the love of her life"

"She has always liked that one" I say smiling

"You can see her in the morning, but right now I want you to rest"

Howl lays back into the bed and I lay next to him. He plays with my hair and rubs my back. Somehow this feels right and that I belong in his arms, I'm actually enjoying laying next to him feeling his touch and feeling safe. I don't want this night to end.