chapter six

I wake up to the sound of Rouge singing her favorite songs, "She must be watching Frozen" I thought "Rouge baby can you be aliitle quieter momma's got a headache" I yell. I guess she didn't hear me, so I sit up "Rouge I-" I look around the room noticing I was not at home.

"Rachelle, she is six, let her be" Howl says wrapping his arms around me. "Rae are you okay?" I look at him

"I'm fine, I just thought I was home, and that this was a dream" I say

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring you back to reality.  Do you want to go home?"

I look at him "yes, Rouge will want her stuffed bunny and some of her stuff so it would be good to go home for a day or so" I say laying back in his arms.

"Okay we will go tonight, you have a play date with your daughter" Howl says kissing my forehead. 

I move out of his arms, pull my hair into a messy bun and walk to Rouge's room. I can hear her singing let it go as loud as she can, I smile and open her door to see her spinning in circles. 

"Momma!" She screams and runs to me "My little Rouge" I say picking her up and holding her.

"I missed you so much" I say kissing her repeatedly "I missed you too momma" she says smiling and caressing my hair.

"Sebby!" She says wiggling out of my arms, I turn to see Howl standing in the door frame "hey, hows the little princess?" He says picking Rouge up " I'm good, I'm watching my movie" Rouge says hugging him. Howl puts her down and walks toward me.

"Sebby?" I question

"Its her nickname for me, it's short for my middle name, Sebastian"

"Oh I see" I say amusingly

I spend most of my day with Rouge, playing, laughing, Howl building her a fort which she says is strictly for princesses only. Howl spends his time playing with her, I can't help but watch as he interacts with her. Seeing Rouge smile and hearing her laugh made my day. Howl checks the time and tells me we will have to leave soon, which started an immediate protest from Rouge, who through a fit and cried. That let me know she is tired and ready for a nap. It is not unusual for a six year old to need a nap so I lift her up and put her in bed.

I lay on one side and Howl lays on another, playing with her hair.

"Momma can tell me a story?" She asks

"Why not. Which one do you want to hear?"

"My favorite"

I smile "okay my love"

"Once upon a time, there was a beautiful girl. Her name was Melinda, she grew up in a palace, loved by all who met her, but she longed for true love. She waited day and nignt for her love to come, but he never shows.

One day she was walking through the woods, when she finds a boy about her age walking along the lake. Melinda and the boy became wonderful friends, and soon more than friends. Everyday she promised to come see him, and he promised to take her on adventures. Melinda and Mason became fond of each other and on her 16 birthday he gave her a prized gift: true loves kiss. And they lived happily ever after" I whisper noticing she is asleep. 

Howl and I both move out of her bed and walk toward the door.

"You can see her when ever you want" he says as we leave her room

I smile "thank you"

"So are you ready?" He asks

"Ready for what?" I ask