Chapter 4

"Yo-ho, mateys away

There'll be treasure and adventure today

Let's go!

Heave-ho, here we go

Together as a team

Jake and the Never Land pirates...

And me!"

We sang our marching-song as we headed towards Neverland. I must say, there's something magical about this song. It always gives us high hopes and energy.

Cubby's POV

Jake was steering Bucky, Scully perched himself on the crow-nest, Izzy leaned on the railings of the deck, and I simply stood at the starboard. (please google these terms if you don't know about the different parts of sail ship:') We had sailed about one mile from Pirate Island, when Scully announced, "Crackers! Jolly Roger's dead ahead mateys" Jake came on the deck and looked at the Jolly Roger from his spy-glass. "Hmm.... looks like Captain Hook is hanging out with Red Jessica today" He exclaimed. "Really!" Scully said. "Oh that's great" Izzy said. "Phew! So he won't cause any troubles for us today" I sighed. "It seems like it!" Jake answered. "Good for us, ha!" Scully exclaimed, while Jake went back to the steering wheel.

Everything was going good till now, but the winds did not seem to favour our journey. They were blowing from the opposite direction, which slowed us down to a great extent. "It's getting difficult to continue heading this way." Jake said as he struggled with the steering while Bucky rang his bell in agreement. He directed me and Izzy to set the sails accordingly, and we did so, but we were still heading very slow. What seemed like a short journey had changed to a long one. "How much time do you think we might take Cubby?" Jake questioned me. "According to my calculations," I answered as I looked into my map and a piece of paper where I had calculated the winds' speed, distance etc. , "We are still five miles to go, and because of the winds, it would take us approximately 45 minutes to reach." We all sighed, as on any normal day it took us only about 20 minutes on the same route.

Izzy's POV

My thoughts were heavy and muddled. What seemed like a 45 minute journey felt like forever. I was leaning on the deck, my chin sank into my chest and I stared broodingly at the sea. I was still thinking about the poem. It looked like it also gave us a warning, "Don't go too far, or you'll be drowned" I wondered about this particular line. I was lost in my thoughts when I felt a pair of eyes on me. I turned around to see that it was no one but Jake! He was steering Bucky, and his black spiky hair above his red bandana flowed with the breeze. I was suddenly feeling self-conscious. But why am I feeling like this? We are crewmates....

Jake's POV

When Izzy turned around looked at me, I suddenly realised that I had been staring her. I looked down and little blush had crept my cheeks due to embarrassment.  

Author's Note: So I'm writing only this much for today, since my exams got over and all I want to do today is sleep. Please share your reviews on this chapter. I will upload the next chapter soon:)