Planet 14: Ethereal

Iris Heart landed on the dirt path of a forest and skidded across the ground. She stood straight up and looked at Planeptune in the distance. She smiled to herself and walked towards the main city slowly. She looked up at the night sky, then looked at the bright iris purple neon lines that shone on the city skyscrapers.

At the entrance she saw Ambience standing by the gate. Ambience wore a suit of armor, except a large portion of the torso plates were gone as they made room to expose Ambience's rib cage. Ambience stared at Iris Heart, then kneeled and dipped her head.

"Welcome back Iris Heart." Ambience said.

"Retreated to niceties Ambi? I still expect much from you. Although I must admit, you came here quickly. Have I slowed down? Or have you used the teleport?"

"Yeah, I teleported here to welcome you back."

"Welcome me back? Hmm, I suppose that's your cue to trigger the trap, is it?"

"No, there isn't a trap. Not for you at least, I'm here to bring you to the Basilicom."

Iris Heart stared at Ambience, then squinted her eyes.

"What?" Iris Heart asked.

"Right, right, I should explain. I've reflected on my actions lately and... you're right. I was an idiot, but... I think now's the time I serve you. I'm sorry for all the mean things I've said, I'm sorry for hurting you if I ever-"

"You're not Ambi, I cut Ambi's arm off and killed Tsunemi right in front of her. Show me who you really are, unless you're a masochist? In which case I am more than happy to fulfill your desires."

Ambience looked down at a new mechanical arm attached to her and a blue screen of a clock was projected out of the wrist area. She sighed and stood straight. She blushed and looked away.

"As you wish, uhm, geez, sorry I made a vow to never reveal myself but if it's you, I'll do it. My real name is Charlie Mortis, Ambience was the name my adoptive parents gave me before we found out. I used to live in a dimension where the only goddess left was Nepgear after the battle against The Deity of Sin."

Iris Heart frowned as she stared at Ambience.

"So, after a while, everything started to crumble. Nepgear was losing shares and Planeptune began to lose power. So The Deity of Sin came back and everyone asked Nepgear for help, but she died and Gehaburn was lost during a fight against the Deity of Sin. With no other choice, Histoire sent me to this dimension to prevent the same thing from happening again. And that's me, that's who I really am."

"Ambi... did you say "as you wish."? To me?" Iris Heart asked.

"I told you, I serve you now."

"Why? You can't be Ambi. Hmm, perhaps I should kill Histoire in front of you next, maybe that will snap you back to reality."

"Do uhm... do what you want. But, the promise was that you wouldn't hurt anyone else and I would become a hero. More specifically the hero you want me to be. And well... you broke that promise, now I'm doing what I want."

Iris Heart stared and quickly looked around before looking back at Ambience.

"Have you gone mad Ambi? Maybe I need to find someone else. No... I've been in your head... I..."

Iris Heart looked down at her left hand. She stared at it for a bit before clenching it and glaring at Ambience.

"Fine then Ambi, if this is really what you want, then I order you to attack me! I order you to swing that halberd and cut my head off!"