Motorbike ride and return to school.

Motorcycle ride and return to school.

Elena's POV: (Opening thoughts)

Okay am I really doing this? I know I want to see Edward again but am I really gonna ride a motorcycle and am I really dragging both Bella and Jacob into this. Is it worth it.... I hate that the answer is yes.

*Elena Swan: New moon*

The three of us are now squashed into the truck with the three motorcycles on the back. I glance at both Jacob and Bella.

"If I told you I couldn't have fixed these bikes, what would you have said?" Jake asks both of us.

"I would have said smart move," Bella says and he laughs and so do I.

"Are you doubting your mad skills?" I ask him glancing quickly at him.

"No," he says and Bella smiles. "Definitely not, I mean they'll run fine. It's just uh.... maybe if I was smart I would have dragged out the rebuild a bit."

"Yeah you need to smarten up!" Bella says smacking him on the arm and they both laugh again.

"Well if you told me you couldn't fix these bikes I would say thats really too bad," I say and I know its the truth. "But that we're just gonna have to find something else to do."

They both nod and laugh.

"Is that Sam Uley?" Bella suddenly asks and we look at the cliffs where a bunch of guys are.

"Yeah," Jake says but he seems a little uncomfortable suddenly. "Him and the cult he's apart of."

Suddenly Sam and his group push one of the others off of the cliff. I slam on the breaks in shock. "Oh my god! Did you see that?"

I race towards the edge. But Jake and Bella come running up behind me. They are both laughing.

"They're not really fighting Elena," Jake tells me as he and Bella stand there smiling. "They're cliff diving. Scary as hell but a total rush."

As he finishes another one jumps off of the cliffs making a noise as he goes down. I shouldn't be thinking this but this is another way for me to see Edward,

"A rush?" I ask them both.

"Most of us jump from lower down," Jake tells us but as I glance at the people their I feel a sense of familiarity. "We leave the showing off to Sam, D- and his disciples."

When he hesitates I look back and realise who else is on the cliff. "Is that Damon?"

"Yeah," they both say and I immediately turn away from them. Jake looks uncomfortable about them and Bella just looks angry.

"You two have some kind of beef with Damon and Sam or something?" I ask them.

"Well besides the fact what Damon did to you," Bella begins and I look down. "They both freak out Jake!"

I glance at Jake as she finishes and wait for him to talk. "I don't know. They just think they run this place. Ever since Damon broke up with you Elena. Embry used to call them hall monitors on steroids. Now look at him."

I glance at the few people left on the cliff before turning back to Jake and Bella.

"That's Embry?" I ask him as Embry looks so different with shorter hair.

"Yeah," Jake replies gently.

"What happened to him?" Bella asks this time.

"He missed some school," Jake tells us and I am actually shocked as as he goes through these details they remind me of someone else stood on those cliffs. "Now all of a sudden he started following Damon and Sam around like a little puppy. Same thing happened with Paul and Jared. The night of your two's birthday and the night we told our family about me and you Bella Damon kept giving me a look. Sam keeps giving me the same look. Like they're waiting for me or something. It's kind of starting to freak me out. I mean I know Damon's family but still."