Taking motorcycles to Jake and things get better.

Elena's POV: (Opening thoughts)

Alice. I saw him. Maybe I'm crazy now. I guess that's okay. If a rush of danger is what it takes to see him, then that's what I'll find.

*Elena Swan: New moon*

Bella is giving me crazy looks as I drive her towards her boyfriends house. I wanted to ask him something and its what's in the back of the truck that is bothering her.

"You're nuts," she tells me but then she smiles as we arrive at Jacob's and he comes running around and she hugs him.

Then he spots me as I climb out of the car and he smiles.

"Elena!" He calls out to me before coming over and hugging me as a friend. "Where the hell have you been Loca?"

I smile as he puts me down and laugh. "Wow. I brought something for you."

"Okay," he says before I pull back a sheet to reveal three motorbikes that I had got from the scrapyard yesterday. "Wow! Scrap metal. You shouldn't have."

"Told her that," Bella says. But she seems happy that I am doing something rather then sitting and moping all day again.

"I saved it from the junkyard," I tell him before clearing my throat. "I think they'll probably cost more than they're worth to fix. But then I thought if I had a mechanic friend who is also my sisters boyfriend to help me out than..."

He nods. "Ah, me being the mechanic-type friend slash boyfriend of your sister?"

"Exactly," Bella says hugging Jakes side.

"That's right," I continue smiling at how happy they look. I wonder if I looked like that a few months ago.

"Since when are you into motorcycles?" Jake asks hugging Bella back.

"Since now," I inform him and when he gives me a look before glancing at Bella I decide to say. "I get it if you think this is really stupid and reckless."

"Yeah," both he and Bella say at the same time and I look down so I hear Bella say. "It's up to you. She's got three so that's one for each of us."

"Well it is completely stupid and reckless," he agrees with my previous statement and then after a second he says. "When do we start?"

I look up at both of them to see they are both smiling widely.

"Right now," I suggest. "Please."

"All right," he agrees and Bella and I step to the side as he heads to the bikes and removes the cover.

"Oh wait be careful. those things are actually really heavy so-" I begin but my mouth drops open as he picks up one of the motorbikes like it is a toy. Bella just laughs at my expression.

"Jake works out a lot," she tells me.

I laugh myself now but still a little shocked. "I know but Jake you're like really really buff. How did that happen you're like 16. I don't get it."

"Age is just a number," he points out to me and Bella nods. "What are you like 40 now?"

"Hey!" Bella says smacking his arm. "If she's 40 so am I as her twin."

He chuckles and pats her on the head and she smacks him again.

"Feels like I am 40 sometimes," I nod before he begins leading me to his garage where he will be working on the Motorcycles.

*Elena Swan: New moon*

We are now in his garage and Bella and I are sat down while he works. Bella hands him tools as she is used to watching him work.