Talks with, Edward, Charlie, the cullens and one last difficult decision.

Talks with, Edward, Charlie, the cullens and one last difficult decision and shock.

Elena's POV: (Opening thoughts)

I am having that same nightmare again. The dark hole has returned to my chest. I am all alone....

*Elena Swan in new Moon*

I wake up and feel someone's hand in my own. I look up and I am a little shocked to see Edward there after months of him not being in my room.

He seems a little upset about my nightmare but not with me.

"You're here," I point out a little shocked as I breathe heavily.

"You can sleep," he soothes me. Oh yeah I'm gonna sleep knowing he can leave me again any minute. "I''ll still be here when you wake up," I scoff and he seems to know why. "Elena. the only reason I left was because I thought I was protecting you. I needed you to have a chance at a normal, happy life."

I sigh but explain what is so hard for me. "It was so easy for you to leave."

He shakes his head and a look of pain crosses over his face.

"Leaving you is the hardest thing I've done in a 100 years," he tells me. That is really hard to believe.

I laugh a little.

"I swear..." he begins staring into my eyes to try and make me believe. "... I will never fail you again. I'm so sorry. Charlie's coming!"

He has suddenly gone as my dad enters the room. Uh oh.

"Hey," he says to me and I smile. "You okay?"

"I'm fine,"I tell him and then I try to fix things between us. "Dad, you don't have to worry."

"The last time you said that you took off and left your worried twin behind," he points out and I sigh thinking about Bella. "We didn't see you for three days."

"I'm really sorry," I tell him playing with my blanket. "I'll also apologise to Bella tomorrow."

"Elena... do not ever do that to us again," he says and for the first time I hear a hint of strictness in his voice. "Ever. And you're grounded, for the rest of your life."

"Okay," I sniff a little but I understand why.

Charlie leaves and Edward comes out from behind the door with a half smile.

"We're not technically breaking any of his rules," he points out as he leans down on the floor next to me. "He did say I couldn't take a step inside the door. I came in through the window. He's not gonna forgive me easily and I'll be surprised if Bella ever comes near me again..."

"No..." I agree.

"Can you?" He asks seriously and I look down before back up at him. "I hope you can, cause I honestly don't know how to live without you."

"Come here," I tell him and I place my hand on the side of his neck.

Before I knew it we were kissing deeply. I pull away after a minute to speak about whats on my mind. "Once Alice changes me... you can't get rid of me."

"She won't need to change you," he says to me and I am a little shocked and angry at this. "There are always ways to keep the volturi in the dark."

I blink multiple times. "No. No!"

I get to my feet as I need more opinions.

*Elena Swan in new Moon*

For the first time since the night of my birthday, I am in the Cullen's living room, all of them stood there and I need to talk to all of them.