Chapter 3 - Departure

Later that afternoon, the time of Rodimus' speech arrived. 

Coincidentally, Hina had received a message from Ultra Magnus, inviting her to see it live. Maybe even go up on stage with Drift and the others. 

While she did originally plan to stay home and just watch it on TV, it would be neat to see the speech live. Be a part of Cybertronian history. 

That settled it. 

Hina turned the Tv off, tossing the remote to the couch as she sat up. Running for the door as she swipped her key card from the kitchen counter, she stepped inside the elevator, pressing the lobby button. She waited impatiently as the doors closed and the elevator lowered itself down to the ground floor. 

It beeped and the doors opened, revealing the lobby. 

Hina raced down the lobby, brushing past the doorman who greeted her with surprise.

"Afternoon!"

"Afternoon!" Hina waved back. 

After running for a while, she transformed into her vehicle mode. Before she had an earth based vehicle mode, a black and brown Porsche Carrera GT. But now she had a state of the art, sleek Cybertronian sports car. 

She raced through the streets, cutting corners and speeding past other Cybertronians. As she drove, the crowds of mechs and femmes grew tighter and tighter. She came to a halt, transforming into her robot mode again as she looked out into the crowd. 

She knew she was getting close to event's location. 

She spotted some stairs that led to the over looking balcony's of the downtown area of the city. She jogged up the stairs and sped walk across the bridge after bridge, finally laying her optics on the presentation stage. 

Rodimus Prime stood at the front, Ultra Magnus and Drift standing on either side next to him. Drift had his great sword out, using it as an arm rest. Hina rolled her optics at the Autobot samurai's antics.

There was quite the turn out. It was a full house. Camera crews hogged the front row of the audience, to record the young Prime's speech for live holovision. 

And it looked like Hina arrived just in time, for Rodimus was beginning. 

"They say that 12 million years ago, on this very spot, the first Cybertronian realized he could change shape. 6 Million years ago, right here, Nova Prime told the world that he'd built an Ark.

And 4 million years ago to the day, Optimus Prime stood where I now stand and turned down Megatron's first and only invitation to surrender.

What happens here tonight will rank alongside those moments. Tonight this patch of land becomes a launch pad. Tonight, I will board the Lost Light and set off in search of our ancestors.

They were known as The Knights Of Cybertron. They're real. I'm going to find them. And I want you all to come with me.

Bumblebee says it's your duty to stay here, on a planet you no longer recognize among people who resent you for the sacrifices you've made in their name.

I say: You've done your duty. The war is over. That day you never thought would come? That's today. You've earned the right to see the universe without a gun in your hand."

There was a series of claps all around the area. Hina glanced around, watching the mechs and femmes applaud Rodimus.

"If you wish to join us, look us up and sign up. You've earned it. We all have." Rodimus finished.

He was met with another series of claps and this time with a standing ovation.  

*******

Later that evening, Hina had met up with Drift and the others. Hina congratulated Rodimus on his speech and the young Prime seemed pretty pleased that he did a good job.