Chapter 26 - What Goes Around Comes Around

Hina slept in the next morning, extremely tired from working hard three days straight over at Swerves. When she slowly opened her optics, she found herself snuggled up next to Drift. The Cybertronian samurai had his arms wrapped around her, snoring quietly.

She pecked the mech on the forehead, smiling at him before she gently made her way out of his arms, sitting up on the berth. She stretched her arms out, loosening any joints she had before sitting up and making her way out the room quietly. 

Hina made her way through the halls of the Lost Light, making her way to the Communications room. 

She had received a text from Blaster to come by as soon as she could. 

She entered, seeing Blaster at his desk working on his computer and on the other side of the room was the studio where crew members could get into contact with friends back on Cybertron.

"Hey Blaster, you wanted to see me?" The femme spoke up.

Blaster turned his chair around, perking up when he saw her. "Hey, Hina! Yeah, Optimus Prime is on hold for you."

Hina raised a optics ridge at the mech, slowing her pace. "Optimus Prime? Did he say why he wanted to talk to me?"

"He just told me to get you on the line as soon as possible. He said it was urgent." Blaster explained. 

"Oh, okay..." The femme replied.

Hina made her way over into the studio as Blaster got the video call ready. The femme placed the headphones and microphone on her helm, nodding over to the Communications Officer. He flashed her a thumbs up, flicking a switch as Hina turned over to the TV screen as it flickered to life, displaying the image of the Autobot commander.

"Optimus Prime?" She called.

"Hina, thank you for getting back to me." He thanked.

"Not a problem. Is everything alright?" Hina questioned. "I haven't heard from you since The Lost Light left Cybertron." 

"I'm afraid I have some bad news Hina." Optimus sighed. "You're not going to like it."

That caught the femme's attention as she leaned forward, placing her servos on the desk. "What happened?"

Optimus sighed again, rubbing his optics as he paused momentarily. It seemed like he was having trouble announcing this so called "bad news" to the femme. It had to be something big if he was being difficult in saying it.

"Prime?"

Finally the mech snapped out of it, turning his head back into the camera. "It's Lockdown... We don't know if it was a break-in or a break-out, but... he's gone."

Hina froze, gasping sharply as her optics widened with fear.

The bounty hunter that caused her so much pain. The one who tried to use her talents for his own personal gain. The one who tried to turn her into a mindless, warrior, slave. The one in a way made all of this happen.

"G-G-Gone?" She stuttered.

"He's escaped from the Detention Facility." Optimus clarified.

"But... but that can't be!" Hina protested, fidgeting with her servos as she waved them in the air. "Wasn't he scheduled for his spark to be sucked up in some kind of vacuum or something?!"

"That was suppose to take place this afternoon. However he got out, he went missing earlier this morning." Optimus explained. "But we do have reason to believe he's still somewhere on Cybertron. Don't worry Hina. As long as you're on the Lost Light, he can't get to you."