Chapter 34 - Forgiveness

"Bring her in here!"

Rodimus barked his order at Skids and Cyclonus, the two mechs assisting the femme into the medical bay. The two of them had escorted Hina back to the Lost Light safely, the leaving the destroyed Decepticon ship behind rust in space, along with Lockdown's beheaded body.

"You think you've won?!" A sudden voice echoed.

Hina's helm flinched up as she frantically searched for the source of the voice. There was no way it was him. She had watched him die by Cyclonus' sword with her very own optics.

That's when she saw him. Lockdown. His crippled body leaning against the doorway of the medical bay, just barely staying together as energon spat from his mouth as the bounty hunter spoke.

"You'll never be rid of me. Even in death, I'll always be a part of you."

Hina shut her optics, closing them tightly as she shook her helm before looking back up at the same exact spot. He was gone. Nowhere to be seen.

Did she image it? Was she hallucinating?

Just as the mechs were about to help her sit up on a medical berth, the femme glanced up to see the familiar figure of a red and white Autobot doctor.

"Ratchet!" She exclaimed with delight.

She squirmed free of Skids and Cyclonus, jolting towards the medic as she nearly tackled the older mech into a desperate hug.

"I was so worried about you! I thought you were dead!"

Recovering from the sudden shock, Ratchet couldn't help but bellow a hardy chuckle, patting the femme on the helm as he returned with his own quick and friendly embrace. "It is good to see you alive and well too, Hina."

"First, we need to check just how well you actually are," First Aid piped, stepping forward.

"Right, sorry," The femme apologized with a blush, stepping away.

That's when the rest of a series of familiar faces entered the room. Chromedome, Whirl, Brainstorm, Rung, and Swerve. But there was no sign of Tailgate.

"H-hey," Chromedome greeted.

"Hi," Hina gently waved back.

First Aid took her back to the medical berth as she sat up on the platform, Rodimus drawing near. "Speaking of your well being, Hina, what happened up there?"

"Lockdown didn't hurt you, did he?" Skids asked with concern, squaring his servos into tight fists.

"We don't need to worry about him any longer," Cyclonus crossed his arms over his chest, his optics narrowing. "I took care of that personally."

"First you take out Star Saber, then Lockdown? Man, you were on fire today." Rodimus whistled, looking impressed.

"Referring back to the matter at hand, Hina what exactly happened? Did Lockdown do anything to you?" Ratchet questioned, getting his equipment ready.

"Lockdown, he-- he tried to finish what he started. He tried to turn me into his mindless, Decepticon slave again," She spoke slowly. "He tried to sparkbond with me. Without the microchip you took out, Ratchet, that was the only way he could do it."

"Obviously it didn't work," Skids realized.

Hina shook her helm. "It didn't. I fought back. I had some help, but this took place before Cyclonus showed up."