Chapter 31 - Luna 1

Before Hina could even blink, Tailgate took off running. He bolted out of the room, lubricant tears streaming down his faceplate. It was like something completely out of an anime. 

Ratchet had explained to Tailgate what the countdown meant for him. Tailgate was suffering with Cybercrosis. His spark is slowly dying out, his transformation cog doesn't function anymore. Soon he'll lose his sight, lose the feeling in his legs, and possibly go through memory lose.

Yeah. It's that bad.

"Tailgate, wait--!" Hina called.

"Let him go, Hina," Ratchet spoke up as he placed a servo on her shoulder. "He needs time."

"But--"

"Trust me," Ratchet pleaded. "I know someone who will watch over him."

The femme stared at the medic for a short moment before relaxing with a nod, gently brushing off his touch as Ratchet stalked back to the medical bed, checking the instruments. 

"We need to find out when Ultra Magnus woke up, and where he took off to," he spoke. "Go to the Communications office, I'll call Rodimus."

"Got it," Hina replied firmly as she left the room, passing Chromedome as he was entering the room, swerving out of her way.

Chromedome... she hadn't seen him since Rewind's funeral.

Before she took off, she spotted tear stains on the floor. Tailgate's tears. Hina sulked at the sight of them. She wanted so badly to go out and reach out to the mech, give him a big hug. But she had to trust Ratchet's word, and hope that, whoever he was referring to, would watch him. 

Although Hina had some-what of an idea on who that mech could be.

She raced in the opposite direction, making her way through the halls of the ship before entering the Communications room. Blaster was already had his desk, working away at the security cameras as Rodimus Prime and Ambulon stood by his side.

"You got here fast," She commented. 

"And you didn't?" Rodimus teased lightly as Hina drew near before returning his gaze to Blaster. "Is this the only footage?"

"Of the medibay, yeah," He replied. "Just the CCTV. Where was the medibot Ambulon?"

"Watching over Spoke and Lockstock," The medibot answered. "It's... taken rather a shine to them."

"Play it again." Rodimus ordered.

Blaster rewound the recording, the screen flickering on occasion before resetting to the starting point. Hina watched the tape closely and couldn't believe her optics. Ultra Magnus' body, with a giant hole in his chest, just suddenly sat up!

"Whoa..." She spoke in shock.

"I'm sorry, but I don't see how a comatose Ultra Magnus can suddenly sit bolt upright." Rodimus said with disbelief.

"It's not so much the coma, people come out of comas, it's the speed. No one can sit up THAT fast." Ambulon stated. 

The four of them continued to watch the video feed as Ultra Magnus walked out of the medical bay and proceeded down the hallway. 

"Sleep walking maybe?" Hina guessed, shrugging with confusion.

"He's making his way to Shuttle Bay 3." said Blaster.

"Can you zoom in? Something about his shadow doesn't sit right--" spoke Rodimus. "No, no, closer. As close as you can. Soles of his boots. Thank you... Now, is it just me, or are his feet not touching the ground?"