Chapter Four

"I cannot believe you're 29 years old and never been on a date before this. First dates are something you do when you hit 16. Mine was when I was 14 years old." Paige was rambling on and on about this date while helping me with my makeup. It was only a quarter after seven but I had been preparing for several hours. "Yeah well. I wasn't exactly the prettiest in high school so." "Don't bullshit me, Renee. You're gorgeous now and I'm sure you were gorgeous then." "Paige, I was a total dork. Braces, glasses, the whole thing. I got the stereotype to a tee." "All done. Step back so I can see you."

I stepped backwards and dramatically clutched her chest, "Be still my beating heart. Renee, you look like a million dollars. I've done well." "You think Nick will like it?" I asked. "He'd be an idiot not too. Dude, you're stunning." "What about if this date was Dean? You'd think he'd like it?" Dean's been on my mind throughout the day ever since we'd left him in the performance center. I felt guilty, which I shouldn't because I am single. I felt as soon as I agreed to the date that I had to tell Dean or it was cheating. But I'm not cheating, am I? Ugh. This whole thing makes my head spin. "Who cares if Dean would like it?" She shrugged. "I do. Take a picture of me, I'll send it to him."

I reached for my phone on the counter but Paige grabbed it before I did. I frowned, "Paige-" "Renee, I understand that he's your favorite person and your all time crush but you have to get over him. He's never gonna stop cringing at the word relationship. He's never gonna be 100% supportive of the fact that you're becoming a diva. Your crush on Dean is starting to become unhealthy." "Unhealthy?" "Unhealthy. You can't spend your whole life waiting for some guy to make up his mind on whether he wants to be with you or not. You're not giving anyone else a fair shot who actually wants to be with you." I smiled at her and she stuck her tongue out at me. As usual, she's right.

I started to say something but then there was a loud knock on the door. My heart jumped and I looked at Paige panicked, "He's early! Like an hour early! Oh my god!" "Relax. Go to the back and I'll answer the door." I quickly ran, as best as I could in heels, toward the back. "I'm coming, I'm coming. Stop knocking!" Paige shouted. I covered my mouth laughing and watched her open the door. It wasn't Nick though. Instead, it was Dean. Only it wasn't him entirely. His hair was a mess, his jacket was halfway on, his nose was red, his eyes matched his nose, and if I didn't know any better, it'd looked as if he were crying. Only Dean Ambrose hardly cries. "You look terrible," Paige said.

Dean fake smiled at her, "Thank you. You're a real charmer. Where's Renee?" Oh god. His words were all jumbled together and that could only mean one thing. He was drunk. Usually when he's drunk, I come to the rescue and force him to sit still while I took care of him. That's probably why he's here. He's a very interesting person when he's drunk. It's like all his emotions pour out at once and he just rambles on and on. I let him until he passes out because...well, that's what friends do, sort of.

He's also a huge flirt. I couldn't count the numerous times he's flirted with me while he was drunk and it took everything in me, not to flirt back. I really wanted to. Dean when he's drunk isn't Dean when he's sober because drunk Dean tells all of sober Dean's secrets. You wouldn't believe the things I know because of drunk Dean. I stepped out from the back and he looked at me. He studied me up and down then shouted, "RENEE IM SICK. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF ME." I held back my laughter with a smile, "You poor thing. Not only are you drunk but you sound like you have a cold." "COLD!? WELL YEAH IT IS A LITTLE CHILLY IN HERE." "Shhhh, you're loud."

He walked past Paige and started staring at me. I felt uncomfortable but also giddy because he's looking at me. I mean..oh my god, he's looking at me! "What do you think?" I asked. Dean cleared his throat, "What I think isn't nearly as important as what I know. And I know that you look absolutely breathtaking. As usual." Did he just say as usual? "Yeah well get a good look because she's about to go in a hour," Paige said. "Paige-" I started but Dean interrupted, "Go? Where? I just got here." "She has a date." "Paige!" I gave her a look but she just grinned and added, "With Dolph Ziggler I might add."

Dean looked at me with a confused expression on his face, "You're going on a date with Nick?" "Dean-" "But you can't." He wiped his running nose on the back of his sleeve and I sighed handing him tissue, "It's really not that big of a deal." "Yes it is," He said with a stuffed up nose, "is a very big deal. You can't go." "I can't go?" I frowned. I was really hoping not to fight with him on this when he found out. "No you can't go. You have to stay." I looked at Paige, "Give us a second okay?" Paige nodded and walked toward the back. I grabbed his hand and walked him to the couch as best as I could. I sat him down holding both of his hands and I couldn't even look at him. Which is ridiculous to be honest. "I'm going on this date with Nick, whether you like it or not. I can't spend forever waiting for you to make up your mind."

Dean laughed coldly and jerked his hands away, "No you're not. You're not going on this date. You can't I won't allow it." "You won't allow it? Do you hear yourself right now!? God can't you just be happy for me!? I really like him Dean." "You really like me." "Yeah and look how well that's going!" He started to say something but there was a knock on the door again. I stood up as he said, "Don't answer the door. Pleaseeeee. Don't." He slurred. I rolled my eyes ignoring him and walked over to the door calling to Paige, "Paige hun, I'm gone. Nick's here. Do me a favor and watch the lunatic on the couch, will ya?" "You got it boss lady!" She shouted back.

"Oh god. Please don't leave me alone with the vampire," Dean said. "That's glampire dickhead." Paige said coming from the back. She sat down next to Dean and he mocked her. I glanced between them, "Can you two get along while I'm gone? Please. I'll take you both for ice cream later, I promise."
"YAYYYY ICE CREAM!!" Paige exclaimed. Dean looked at me and started reaching for me which reminded me of a child reaching for his mother, "Please don't go on a date with him. I heard he's bad news." "Bye Dean." "Renee."

With that, I shut the door behind me and smiled at Nick. He smiled back, "Wow you look stunning." I started to say thank you but that's when my door swung open and Dean stepped out glaring at Nick.

Oh god.