Chapter Two

"Rise and shine buttercup. Seriously Renee, wake your ass up." I groaned at the sound of Paige's accent and covered my face with the pillow on the other side of the bed. It's been two weeks since the incident in the park with Dean and I've done nothing but lie in bed. I should be training my ass off and Paige knows that. That's why she's harassing me to wake up. "Can't I just rot here?" I asked. She laughed, "You could but you need to get your ass to the gym if you're going to be a diva." I sat up and frowned at her, "Damn you for being an early bird." "I'll make it up to you. I promise." She grabbed both of my hands and forced me out of bed, "Sleep is for losers. Now, let's go."

An hour later, we were at the gym. Paige decided she'd help me train but she wouldn't be able to help as often because she needs time for her own training. I was content with that. It's better than nothing. "Renee, you can't daydream while you wrestle. Focus or get your ass whooped." I snapped out of and focused on Paige, who had me locked in tight in a chokehold. Shit. This is harder than it looks. "You remember what I taught you about this hold?" Paige asked. "Yes," I grimaced in pain. I quickly hopped up and fell backwards forcing Paige to the mat hard.

I suddenly understood what adrenaline felt like and I don't know what came over me but I quickly got up. I found myself running to the corner and climbing the top rope quickly. I can totally do this. I stood up high but she quickly rolled to her feet running toward my corner so I hit her in her face, forcing her to stumble back. I jumped and connected a drop kick. She fell to the mat on her back, I rolled back to my feet climbing the top rope again. I connected a move that's best known as the frog splash and landed quite beautifully if I do say so myself. I'm getting really good at this. I smiled so hard and quickly covered Paige. I played referee and patted the mat three times getting the mock victory.

I stood up and I heard applause around the ring. Seems as though we've had some company. Everyone cheered me on except for the twins in the corner of course. The Bella barbies rolled their eyes at me and went back to their workout. I smiled then held my hand out for Paige and she grabbed it standing up. We bowed laughing as all the superstars kept clapping for us. "I must admit. That was impressive." I know that voice. I turned around and Dean was on the other side of the ring leaned against the ropes with his arms folded. He couldn't have been more attractive with his blue eyes being practically covered by his messy hair. He wore that leather jacket but had no shirt on under it and oh my god I need to shut up.

I shook my head, "Yeah no thanks to you, Mr." He smirked and I swear heavens gates opened up. Damn I need to get a grip. "Okay so I admit. I was wrong about you. You're a natural in this ring." "Thank you." "But-" "But what?" Dean stepped up to both Paige and I then glanced between us, "It only gets more difficult from here on. The long nights, the fans, the paparazzi, the criticism gets worse, and those two," He nodded toward the Brie and Nikki, "Are going to give you pure hell. It's not too late to back out. You don't need to be tough for me, Renee." "Tough for you?" I asked annoyed. "I'm not doing this for you! I'm doing this for me. Did you just see me? I was really good. I have a future in this."

"Paige talks some sense into her. Tell her that life on the road is exhausting and it never ends." We both turned to Paige. She looked between us, "Oh sure drag me into your relationship problems." Dean flinched at the word again and I rolled my eyes. He's so ugh sometimes. "Renee is really talented and has great potential in this ring. She'd be a lovely diva and while the road is all those things, it's also really exciting and fun. And she's roomies with me almost always so bonus. Don't worry. When Renee becomes a diva-" "If. Let's not jump to conclusions here. She hasn't had a proper tryout yet." "She's scheduled for one in four weeks." I looked at her, "I am?" "You are. You can thank me later."

I screeched in excitement and hugged Paige incredibly tight. She's the best. I love her so much, she's like my best friend ever. I could feel Dean rolling his eyes behind me, "Why would you get her all excited about it? It's not like-" "DEAN AMBROSE YOU SHOULD BE SUPPORTIVE OF YOUR GIRLFRIEND BECAUSE SHE IS TRYING SOMETHING NEW AND SHES QUITE GOOD AT IT," Paige yelled on purpose. I turned red and Dean just blinked probably really confused on why I'm blushing. He shook his head, "Renee and I are-" "Just friends" I get it, I get it." Paige rolled her eyes. "You need to get over your fear of commitment because Renee's a great catch and someone might just steal her. Isn't that right, Renee?"

She put her arm around my shoulder and I laughed, "Sure." She smirked kissing my cheek then looked at Dean, "Renee and I are going to shower. Together. Just so you can have that image to get off on tonight because you won't be getting any from my girl here. Let's go Renee." Paige grabbed my hand exiting the ring as Dean shook his head laughing. Paige can give him a run for his money when it comes to being psychotic. Dean watched us walk away and I know this because I can feel his eyes on me. I wish he'd stop trying to convince me not to do this.

After both Paige and I took our showers, separately of course, we decided to visit Buffalo Wild Wings. We sat, ate, and talked which felt great. I needed to vent to someone who wasn't overprotective. I mean I love him dearly but Dean is being to protective about this whole thing. I know he cares and I get it but seriously? I can take care of myself. Not only that but we're a couple and not a couple you know? We laugh, talk, crack on each other, and I've even held him when he broke down in tears one night. Which is never an easy task. He's not exactly emotional. We're a couple but with no sex, no kissing, hand holding, no cute selfies of us kissing or anything but only pictures that our friends take of us out in public. It's crazy ridiculous because I can't break through the electric fence he's set up.

Paige got this sneaky grin on her face while sipping on her coke, "So I invited someone to join us. I know you won't mind because you guys are friends too." "Cool who?" "Me." I turned around and there he stood another man I've been rumored to be dating (and another I wish I was dating). He greeted me with a warm smile, "Hello Renee."

Oh god. What is my heart doing? Backflips. Definitely backflips.