13 ° Rosy Hues.

❝YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT, TRUST YOUR HEART, TAKE A STAND AND YOU'LL BE FINE...❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

HER BODY FROZE—UNABLE TO ELICIT A RESPONSE. If she wasn't suspicious before, which she already was, she undoubtedly was now. The sentence "Who is that ghostly figure whispering in your ear?" rang in her head before she finally chose to act upon her doubts.

"...What are you talking about?"

She hesitantly said, looking at him in confusion.

"What ghostly figure?"

He blinked, pressing his index finger against his lower lip.

"You know... I heard the other kids in the class talking about it. The rumor of the urban legend located in this school, you know? Have you heard of her?"

The platinum-blond lowered his hand, pouting.

"The urban legend about Hanako-san of the Toilet. They say that in the third stall of the third-floor girls' restroom, you can find Hanako-san! And if you need a description of her appearance..."

He pouted, pointing to the ghost beside her.

"She's a high school girl with choppy, black hair in a bob haircut and fringe. She wears a traditional sailor fuku uniform, consisting of a white blouse attached with a navy blue sailor-style collar and a navy blue pleated skirt. Along with that, there's a red neckerchief, loose calf-high white socks, and black loafers. If you want, I can continue!"

"I..."

[Name] paused, looking at Charles with a strained expression. "I don't know what you're talking about—"

However, Charles crossed his arms, forming an X-shaped shape. "Bzzzzt! Your resident lie detector, Charles "Charlie" D'Amore, detected a lie coming from Miss [Surname] here."

"...Huh?"

"You lied, [Name]. And you know how I learned that? It was a trusty tip from an adult I knew back in Italy. He detected lies differently, but still! Picking up the subtle movements that people make when they lie is interesting. He picked it up from someone's sweat, but sadly, I'm not that experienced yet, hehe! As for you... you tend to clench your fists when you lie, see?"

He pointed at her clenched fist, knuckles turning white from the pressure.

"Your pupils also dilate a little, but only a little!"

He raised his hand, tapping his rose-tinted glasses.

"But, you know... I'm kind of butthurt that you didn't tell me the truth. I thought we were classmates, Little Miss [Name]. Aren't classmates supposed to be honest with one another when the time comes? Come on, come on... it wouldn't hurt to tell me the truth. What will lies do, other than build up and eventually bite you in the back? You're digging your own grave here."