08 ° Third Act.

❝BICKERING THE DAY AWAY AS WE—❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"ECHOES, ACT2!" Koichi shouted, with the bomb Stand treading toward him with every passing second. Smoke emanated out of the broken window of Centipede Shoes—the sick, putrid odor consuming his senses. Koichi remained on the ground, waiting for anything to help him. However, his face went pallid at the palpable silence that surrounded the air. To call him stressed was an understatement; when Josuke gets here, oh boy, he's going to get a bucket load of information.

"What's wrong, Echoes ACT2?! ACT2!" Koichi stared in horror at the empty shoe store. "Where are you, ACT2?! Why won't you come?!"

And there laid Echoes ACT2—or, rather, an empty shell of what it was. Its body resembled the old skin of a snake—going through metamorphosis like a butterfly.

"ACT2 died in the explosion! It's split in two!" He cried and clenched his fists, "N—No, wait... If the explosion killed it, I'd be dead too, because I'm the user. But what could it be? It almost resembles an— an exoskeleton of an animal..."

Koichi took a moment to think, letting out a gasp at his sudden realization. "Now I remember! It looked like this before, too. A—And then!"

From the floating debris, a humanoid figure that took the appearance of a robot emerged behind the bomb. It had metallic striped eyes, just like before, along with protrusions that mimicked human muscles. Several of them formed a crest at the top of its head, and on the sides were two X-shaped holes. Wrapped around its waist was a cloth that resembled shorts, with the number three printed on the front. The tail it had was now vestigial, with a single long spike protruding from its behind instead.

"C—Could it be..."

BOOOOM!

"—Echoes, ACT3!" The humanoid Stand floated in the air in front of Koichi. "Um, is that who you are, sir?"

"Please give me orders." The Stand's voice was polite and had a mechanical undertone to it.

Koichi inched away from the opposing Stand, looking at Echoes with a feeling of pride in his chest. "D—Does this mean I've grown?! You're the best, ACT3!"

"Please give me orders." The Stand reiterated to its user.

"Er, I don't know what your powers are, so... For n—now..." Koichi looked at the other two and pointed at the incoming bomb, "Please protect us, ACT3! Um, protect us, please. You can do that, right?"

"—Understood." With outstanding speed, Echoes ACT3 flashed before Koichi's eyes. The sheer air pressure it created knocked him backward on his side.

"Th—This Stand has incredible speed! It's much faster than ACT1 and ACT2!" The teenager then swerved to look at [Name], who remained silent throughout this whole ordeal. "H—Hey, [Name], are you awake?"