11 ° Hangout Session.

❝THEY'RE TESTIN' YOU, THEY'RE CURSIN' YOU, BEWITCHING YOUR LIFE!❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[NAME] STARED AT THE ACUMINATE APEX OF A FALLEN LEAF BY HER SIDE. Of course, this leaf was irrelevant to her life, along with all of its fallen comrades by its side. She just happened to notice its green hue, landing softly against the concrete pavement. It would be so easy to step on this leaf, hearing the crunch beneath the soles of her shoes as she walked on without a second thought. When autumn arrives, the branches will lay bare, and the leaves will dance away with the calming melody of the wind.

As the seasons come and go, sunshine will turn to snow.

Wasn't that a saying in Japanese culture? Well—it's not as if she would know this saying by heart or anything.

Sunshine, the sun's effervescent rays, was associated with life. The sunlight ebbs at your skin, bathing you in warmth. On the other hand, snow, the winter's flower petals on Earth's land, was associated with love and sometimes death. The feeling was frigid yet oh-so-familiar to one's touch. Sunshine, a life without any connotations of love, to turn into snow, love, and death, was a dreary meaning.

In the end, as the seasons come and go, where sunshine fades into the snow, [Name] will always have tomorrow up ahead. Her current circumstances with Kira weren't the best—actually, the best was an understatement in this scenario. Now, how does one alleviate an unfortunate situation? When you have a belligerent serial killer who most likely detests your existence for discovering his identity, there's only so much a child can do.

Could [Name] make sure he capitulates under Morioh's golden heart?

Or will they all fall, unable to fight back?

Crouching down to the level of the leaf, she scrutinized its appearance. Didn't she study the shape of leaves a couple of years ago? She believes it was for an art project in school. Ah, at this rate, that memory has been lost to the ticking hands of time. She got caught up in the present and future, unable to think of the past. Summer sunshine beamed against her sun-kissed skin as she went to touch the lanceolate leaf, only to retract her hand when she realized what she was doing.

She knew she shouldn't touch something on the sidewalk!

Considering that [Name] had no clue where it came from, it was a bad idea. Raising to her regular height—though it was still a short stature, she continued walking with the plastic bags around her arms.

Snuggled in the back of her mind was the [Name]-Hayato hangout session. Was... Was it normal to be embarrassed at the thought of having a playdate?

As a younger child, she might've reacted differently...

It's... a bit strange, knowing that she never made friends or hung out with anyone.

Was she different from the other girls in her class and at her age? Who knows.