12 ° Transfer Student.

❝A DRAWN BOW AND ARROW OR THE EDGE OF A KNIFE.❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

HER SCHOOL WAS THE SAME DAILY, BUT PERHAPS THAT WAS BECAUSE SHE WAS STILL A GRADE-SCHOOLER. Nothing sparked excitement within her soul at school other than the ability to commute with Hayato or Hanako-san. Exams weren't too stressful unless they were mid-terms, but even so, school just... wasn't that exciting for her.

Most children her age despised getting out of bed for their education, and she couldn't say she disagreed with their disinclination. Schoolwork was exhausting. Often—she sat idly at her desk and wished for the work to be completed by itself. Even then, she convinced herself to achieve passing grades in class despite her reluctance.

"Hanako-san, Hanako-san," she whispered, burying her head in her arms. "Why are you here today?"

The yōkai shook her head, pressing her index finger against her pale lips. She hugged her knee to her chest, sitting at the edge of [Name]'s desk quietly, waiting for time to pass.

"...Just make sure you leave when class begins, alright?"

Hanako-san nodded, putting down her leg and clasping her hands together, eyes glued to the ticking hands of the clock.

At 8 AM on the dot, the school bell rang and signaled the beginning of class. For the first twenty minutes of class time, students have time for independent activities. Fishing out the book in her [color] backpack, she flipped to her bookmark, reading the beginnings of that page.

It was an honor to have free time allotted at the start of the day.

Unfortunately, this free time would disappear once she began junior high.

Boohoo! Give her free time back!

But, as of now, she shouldn't be thinking about those thoughts. That is—until one's parents start to pester their child about what junior high and high school, or even university, they had in mind. Someone's youth was something that most took for granted. Before they even realize, with the blink of their eyes, their childhood has soared past them; growing up was an imminent aspect of life. In a second, all your interlocutors were working-class adults with families to look after.

Oh...

She's thinking about those thoughts again, isn't she?

The very thing she didn't want to think about right now.

Hm.

Well—either way, her school day would be the same, just as it always has been—

"Alright, everyone!" Her teacher announced with her fruity and cheerful timbre, "Please pay attention. Today, we'll be having a transfer student from Italy in our class!"