Chapter 6

Avianna

I was getting dressed for a surprise date Clark had planned for us. He hadn't told me where we're going only to dress nice and classy. I was wearing a one-shouldered pink gown with a slit up the side and gold heels. I wore my hair pulled back into a sleeked ponytail. I was thinking about cutting but was going to get a second opinion before I did so. I checked myself in the full bodied mirror smoothing back my edges and making sure I looked perfect. I wanted to look flawless for Clark. As soon as I thought of him he appeared in the mirror as well.

"You look gorgeous" he said smiling at me admiring how the dress clung to my body like a glove.

"Are you ready" he asked me putting his hands into his black pants suit. He was dressed in all black suit and look edible.

"You smell like--" he said smelling me from afar and then walking next to me. Smelling my neck.

"You smell amazing" he said kissing my neck.

"Thank you. I haven't even sprayed my perfume on myself yet." I said turning around putting my arm around his neck.

"Do you wear it all the time" he said wrapping his arms around my waist pulling me closer.

"Yeah why"

"Don't anymore. It blocks your natural scent" he said while nestling his face into my neck growling. The vibration of his wolf growling tickled my neck making me chuckle and shy away from him.

"Clark don't we have a date to go to." I said moving towards the door.

"I almost forgot" he said following me. I grabbed my clutch and he grabbed his wallet and car keys. We headed to the car and drove off.

In the matter of 30 minutes we were pulling up at the beach but oddly no one was on it. I looked at the beautiful view and saw that just by the shoreline was a candlelit dinner. I quickly took off my shoes and made my way to sand on the beach. There's no feeling like sand in between your toes. I picked up the bottom of my dress and walked to the table.

"Who knew you were such a romantic"

"Ehhhh I try. " he said taking his jacket off and putting it on the back of his chair. He then took off his shoes then his sock and sat down across from me.

"Baby this is beautiful. How did you manage to do this"

"Don't worry about that. The only thing I want you to do is enjoy yourself and eat up." he said taking the covers off both of our plates. It was a five star dinner that consisted of different types of seafood. My favorite.

"This looks so good" I said eating the oyster.

"Doesn't it" he said eating his as well.

"So yesterday in the woods you had me tell you about myself. I've yet to hear anything about you" he asked me.

"Well what do you want to know"

"Tell me all about Avianna Smith. What is it that you love to do"

"There's very few things I'm passionate about but I don't know I guess I really love building house and renovating them. I know it's kind of unusual but it's really soothing to me. It holds meaning to me" I said listening to water crash against the shore.

"That is unusual. Im not knocking what you love it's just unheard of is all. What got you into that field of work" he asked sincerely concerned.

"Well it's actually an ironic story. When I was about 6 months old I was put in an orphanage. My mom committed suicide and my father died in prison. My mothers family never agreed with her relationship with my father so when she died, they left me on the porch of an orphanage in Brooklyn with a birth certificate. I was never really wanted so I would end up being shipped to different orphanages across New York until I turned 18. The government said I was old enough to fend for myself and they cut me off. I went to college out here and I never left. I guess because my home was always so broken I made it my business to fix them up. It turned out that I was really good at it too." I said to him not looking at him the whole time.