Chapter 13

**NICKI POV**

I sat at my desk grading the spanish quizzes Olivia's class took earlier. The grades were all mediocre, it was Spanish 1 and the quiz was on Ser and Estar. There were 3 students who failed and one of them was Olivia. How could she fail the first quiz of the year?

I entered the grades in and added in the homework grades for the week and classwork. Olivia averaged out to a D- while Logan's Spanish 3 grade was a solid A. I guess I can get Logan to tutor her at home or something.. Or am I overreacting? Its only the 2nd week of school, grades dont go in for another 2 months. I tucked the quizzes into my Spanish 1 drawer.

I texted Drake:

-Tryouts today afterschool right
_Yeah
-K.. I'll go straight home so I can get Skylar and Matthew
_N I got Liv and Logan?
-Yep.
_K. Love you
-Love you too

I heard a knock on the door so I put my phone away, "Adelante."

The door opened and a girl with dirty blonde hair walked in, she sat at the desk directly in front of mine.

"¿Sí?" I asked.

"Do you have tutoring sessions?" She asked fumbling with her fingers.

"No but if you need tutoring I would be glad to work something out." I replied.

"Really?" Her face lit up.

"Its a lot easier to enter grades when everything is an A than to throw in Bs and Cs and Ds in as well." I joked, "So if tutoring will help keep everything as all As than lets do it."

She smiled, "Did you grade the quizzes yet?"

"Yeah I just entered them in a few minutes ago." I answered.

"Did I fail?"

"Whats your name?" I asked, opening my Spanish 1 drawer.

"MhaKenzie Roa." She stood and walked towards me as I pulled it out.

"C+"

"Thats a pass!" She squealed. "But with tutoring it can be a B+ or even an A-!"

"Then next year an A+!" I mocked.

"I'm not THAT good." she laughed.

"You can be." I insinuated, "What times and days are good for you?"

"In the mornings I can get here by seven." She offered.

"Every morning?"

"Please?"

"Alright.. Just don't have me here waiting for you and you not show up.." I sighed.

"I promise."

"Okay." I wrote it down on a sticky note then proceeded to mark the reminder in my phone as well. "Are you friends with Olivia by any chance?"

"The new girl?"

"Yeah.." I cocked my head to the side.

"I haven't even had a conversation with her yet." She stated.

"Oh okay."

She put both hands on my desk and looked at the door to be sure no one was coming in or anything, "but between me and you, the new Junior is really hot."

"Logan?" I clarified even though I knew he was the only new Junior.

"Thats his name?" she asked.

"Yeah." I nodded slowly. Olivia is not gonna like this...

"Do you have him as a student?"

"Yeah."

"I bet he's super smart!" She drooled.

The bell rang..

Thank God!

"Bye MhaKenzie" I waved as she walked out.

"Thank you See you tomorrow Bye!" She called back.

The Spanish 3 class entered, Logan had a group of boys that hung around him. They all came in first, followed by the rest of the class. Logan and his crew sat in the back of the class, I stood and walked towards the board.

I wrote directions on the board in Spanish. I waited for the class to get settled before walking around to check homework. Mostly everyone had did it except Logan's friends.

"Logan did you do your homework?" I asked.

"Uhh.. No but I have this," He stuttered as he handed me a folded up sheet of paper.

"What is this?"

"A note from my mom." He lied.

"Oh, from ya mom huh?" I crossed my arms.

"Yeah.." He confirmed.

I walked away and opened the note.

'I can explain.. When we get home.'

I looked up at Logan as he finished his work.

He's a good kid.

I told myself, he does all his work, he is smart and overall does well in school.