Chapter 15

**NICKI POV**

"Yeah.. You know, maybe its too soon." Logan said embarrased.

I watched him leave. Unable to move. Unable to speak.

Later that night I laid in bed as Drake entered the room and laid beside me.

We laid in dead silence for a while.

"Logan asked me if it was okay for him to call me mom." I exhaled.

"What'd you tell him?"

"I was speechless.." I admitted, "literally frozen in time."

"How do you feel?"

"I mean.. I have 4 more children than I wanted, but I must admit I've grown to love them all through the ups and downs." I sighed.

"Really? Thats good because-"

I cut him off "No more suprise adoptions, I just need to get good at being a mother. And plus I dont think I have enough love to go around."

"You're a great mom."

"No I'm not, better than I was at the beginning but still a shitty mom." I vented.

There was a slight knock at the door.

"We don't think so." Olivia's voice was soft and quiet.

"Come in" Drake called out.

The door opened, and Olivia and Logan stood with Skylar and Matthew in their arms. They walked in and sat on the bed by me. I sat up and smiled slightly.

"You're the best mom we've ever had." Logan stated.

"And Im pretty sure youre the only mom Matthew and Skylar ever really had." Olivia added.

"Thanks but thats just in comparison to your mothers who didnt take care of you. Anyone can be a better mom than that." I protested.

"Remember how you suprised Matthew with a new train, and set up that whole trip for him? You didnt care that there were only 2 tickets available you were only worried about his happiness." Drake reentered the conversation, "and how you were so worried that he and I were in the derailment."

"You took Logan in just to make me feel more comfortable here." Olivia chimed, "only a mother would care enough about my comfort."

"And with that you kept Liv and I from being on the streets a few years from now." Logan shared, "you gave us a shot to be successful."

"Remember you risked everything to save Skylar from being kidnapped?" Drake asked.

"And you 'let me slide' with the homework thing in class so I can keep my grades and my friends." Logan added.

"And you told Logan to help me pull my grades together." Olivia tagged on.

"Okay okay! I get it I get it!" I buried my face in my hands.

"Whats wrong Mommy?" Skylar asked touching my hands with her little hands.

I cried.

"Nic?" Drake touched my shoulder.

Then came the pain.

It pierced into my head and stung my brain from several angles.

I cried harder.

"Are you okay?" Olivia caught on to the source of the pain and placed her hands on the sides of my head, kissing my forehead.

"Logan go call 911." Drake ordered.

The pain worsened.

It spread down my face and caused my teeth and jaw to hurt.

"Nic what's going on?" Drake asked.

I shook my head.

A few painful moments went by before everything went black. I could hear everything, but I couldn't move. I felt dizzy and nauseous while my body was completely numb.

The sirens arrived loudly.

I felt myself being placed into an ambulance. Drake right by my side.