Chapter 1

**Nicki POV**

"Drake, I didn't expect you to take me here so suddenly" I hesitated to get out the car after we pulled up to the foster home.

"Surprise" He said opening the door for me.

"I change my mind.." I said struggling to stay in the car but failing.

"Too late, look!" He pointed to a little boy who had stopped playing to watch and smile at us.

" No," I said trying to escape Drake's arms. "No no no no"

"Come on Nic!" He picked me up and walked me into the office of the building, the little boy followed looking hopeful.

(In the Office)

"Hello I am Ms. Marie." A woman in a huge chair smiled.

"Hello Ma'am, this is my wife Onika and I am Aubrey." Drake said as the little boy walked in.

"This is Matthew." Marie said hugging the little boy and causing him to giggle.

"How does this work?" Drake asked.

"Well, you can take home a child today with proper paperwork, etc." Marie explained "Sometime this week someone will be doing a check on you and the child as well as assuring the house is safe and suitable."

"Sounds great!" Drake rubbed his hands together.

"If we find you and your home suitable enough we will be reccomending your home for more children and after signing this contract you will be obligated to take care of them." Marie slid a paper across the table to us.

Drake quickly signed it, "Woah wait, did you not just hear that?" I asked.

"Yeah, sounds great," Drake nodded sliding the paper for me to sign.

"Ugh!" I rolled my eyes and signed the paper. We returned it to Marie.

"Any preference on what kind of child you would like to house?" She asked.

"No"

"Me!" Matthew jumped up and down.

"Yeah!" Drake smiled excitedly.

"Well," Marie began digging through files, then pulled out one and slid it to us. "Here's his files."

"Thanks" Drake said as Marie wrote Matthew's name on one of the lines on the contract.

(At home)

"Nika take him up to his room." Drake said softly.

"What? Why me?" I asked in a high pitch voice. Matthew giggled.

I picked him up by his forearms and carried him upstairs, once in his new room I dropped him on the bed.

"Good night " I said leaving the room.

"Wait!" He yelled.

I clenched my jaw, "Yes?"

"Story?"

"We don't have any."

"Tell me one."

"I don't know any."

"Tuck me in"

"I don't know how."

"Hug?"

"Ew" I left and ran downstairs. "No no no no no."

"What happened?" Drake asked.

"Story? Tuck in? Hug?" I mocked the boy's voice.

"Nic,"

"Michael is your responsibility,"  I cut him off, "I can't do it."

"Matthew. Nic, Matthew is his name." Drake sighed.

"What did I say?"

"Michael."

"Good night" I went upstairs and went to bed.