Chapter 17

*NICKI POV*

I woke up to a little tiny, and slightly wet kiss being planted softly on my cheek. I opened my eyes to the most adorable little girl.

"Good morning Mommy." she said softly.

"Good morning." I sat up slowly. I didnt know who she was but I didn't want to let her know that. "You look like a little princess you know that?"

She giggled, "Thank you Mommy."

"Can mommy have a hug?" I opened my arms and she immediately entered them and wrapped her little arms around me. I love this little girl.

"Daddy is making pancakes." She informed me.

"Ooohhh sounds yummy." I replied as she helped me out of bed. I started walking towards the door.

"Mommy!"

"Yes?" I paused.

"Your slippers." She held a pair of pink fluffy slippers that matched the ones she had on.

"Oh thank you." i put them on and we held hands as we walked downstairs.

"Good morning." A young girl said softly looking up from her phone as she sat on the couch in the living room.

"Good morning" I smiled.

She stood and walked over toward us.

"You have no idea who I am huh?" She smirked.

"Honestly no." I admitted.

"Its okay. I'm Olivia, your daughter." she explained, "Well adopted daughter, but you're the best mom I've ever had so.. Yeah"

"You're beautiful, and you have a lovely name." I smiled again.

She hugged me, "thank you. Im just so glad you're okay."

I managed to let go of the little girl's hand and hug back.

"This is so frustrating." I scowled as we pulled away from the hug.

"Its okay though, because we are a family and we will help you through it." she consoled, "Nothing in life will be easy, but together we will make it through."

I smiled, "I have a very smart daughter." I giggled.

"Not as smart as you'd think." She replied and walked me to the couch.

"What do-"

She cut me off, "I just noticed something!"

"What?"

"How are you going to work if you don't remember anything?"

"The doctors said it'll come back eventually right?" I asked.

"Yeah but how long is eventually.."

"That doesn't matter right now. Right now I need to know what that little girl's name is." I sighed.

"Skylar." She nodded, "you have a son about his age named Matthew and another son a year older than me named Logan."

"All of you were adopted?" I asked confused.

"Yeah you said you didn't want to have a child of our own," his voice came from behind me.

I turned around, "Why don't I want to have one? I don't understand..."

"You guys should go upstairs and talk... There's a lot that she doesn't remember. Logan and I can handle Skylar and Matthew for a while." Olivia offered.

"Thanks. Come on Nic" He led me upstairs to our bedroom.

"Wait I have a question." I stated.

"Okay"

"2 questions" I added.

"Thats why we're here, to remind you of everything."

"Okay."

"You good?"

"Yeah"

"Ask away.."

"Whats your name?" I asked.

"Aubrey or Drake." He replied.

"I love it." I smiled and touched his face.

"Thank you. Whats your other question?"

"Can you kiss me?" I whispered.

He leaned forward and kissed me passionately.

"I love you Aubrey." I smiled when the kiss ended.

"I love you too."

"Whats my name?" I asked with teary eyes. "You call me Nic but that sounds like a nickname."

"Why are you about to cry?"

"Because I don't remember my own name!" I whined as the tears fell.

"Onika." He pecked my lips and hugged me.

"Why don't I want to have my own child?"

"You're afraid. You said you don't want to go through the pain of labor." he explained.

I laid down on the bed and stared up at him, "tell me something."

"Tell you what?"

"Anything. Tell me some of our memories. Or some stuff about me or you or anyone." I rested my head on my arm.

"Hm..." he sat on the bed and laid my head across his lap.

"For our first date, you thought it would be fun to go ice skating. You told me you've never been and neither had I so I agreed. When we got there I looked like a complete idiot while you skated like a pro." he tussled my hair a bit.

"How did we meet?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Do you wanna know how we met or about when you actually paid attention to me?" He laughed a bit.

"Why wouldn't I pay you any attention?"

"You were one of the stuck up cheerleaders. You dated a football player and your relationship was like the Jay Z and Beyonce of Highschool." he explained.

"You and I had classes together and even worked together on projects and stuff. But you still had no clue who I was." he continued.

"So when did I start paying attention to you?"

"At a party I kept seeing you two arguing and you pushing him away since he kept touching you inappropriately. Later I realized you weren't around but his car was empty outside so I started looking for you. By the time I got up the stairs you had came bursting through a door, crying. You weren't wearing any clothes and you came running to me. I carried you to my car and drove you home."

"I married my hero?"

"If thats what you wanna call it" he blushed.

"What if.." I started but changed my mind.

"What if what?"

"Nothing"

"Tell me"

"Its a dumb idea. You're gonna say no."

"Just say it."

"Fine... What if we had a baby?"