~ T W E N T Y F I V E ~

May 4th 2014

She hoped she wouldn't make it this far, but today is officially her due date and Taylor is ready for this baby to vacate her body. She's sore and tired and grouchy all the time, and she really just wants her little one in her arms already.

"You're kidding?!" She's almost in tears as Natalie informs her that she's still not dilated at all. "Baby will come in their own time, you just have to let your body do it's thing and we'll keep a close eye on you, okay?" The doctor does her best to comfort her friend and Taylor sighs, she was really hoping there would be at least a little inkling that she would go into labour soon, but it seems this kid is as stubborn as their mom - at least, that's how Harry likes to put it.

Andrea reaches for her daughter's hand and gives it a gentle squeeze, "it'll all be worth it soon, sweetheart, the little one can't stay in there for much longer." Taylor squeezes her mom's hand back but huffs, "it's Harry's fault. He told the baby to stay in until he comes home and now I can assure you that the little intruder is going to do just that." She's pouting as she adjusts her shirt for Natalie, they always check the baby at these appointments, just to make sure the little one is still growing as they should be - especially with Taylor's issues raising the chances of something going wrong.

"I know it's frustrating, but if you get to 41 weeks then we can talk about induction, alright?" Taylor gives her a tired nod, she really just wants to feel like her body is her own again, and more than anything she wants to meet her baby.

Natalie goes through everything she needs to, checking that the baby is still happy and growing and can safely be left alone until he or she decides it's time to come. Taylor films a little for Harry since he can't be here, getting a video of the little one sucking their thumb that she knows he's gonna love. It's been difficult since he left, but they talk as often as possible and having her mom and Gemma around has really helped keep her nerves at bay, at least for now.

"Take care, okay? I'll see you in a few days and we'll see if you're progressed any further, but as always, call me if anything happens or you have any questions," Taylor nods as Natalie helps her sit up again, wiping her bump before pulling her hoodie back down.

Taylor and Andrea walk back to the car, slowly because Taylor is constantly exhausted and aching. Her mom helps her into the passenger's seat and Taylor just laughs at herself, she can barely do anything these days - she can't even drive safely, her little intruder is taking up too much space.

"If it wasn't for Harry, I'd be doing everything I can to make this little one vacate the premises," Taylor sighs, running her hands over her bump. She wants this baby out, but she wants Harry here with her more. "The little one will come when they're ready, you just have to be patient," Taylor just pouts, she knows that but she's ready for her baby to be here now.

She sends the video to Harry as they drive home, but he's either on a bus or asleep or in an interview, she never really knows. It's not his fault, his management works them like dogs and he's just trying to stay on their good side.

"Gem?" The Brit decided to stay behind to get some work done, so Taylor goes off in search of her when they get back. "In here," they hear her from upstairs and Taylor follows her voice until she finds her in the nursery. "What're you doing in here?" She goes to sit in the rocking chair, her back too sore to stand in the doorway. "I wasn't getting anywhere with my story, so I decided to hang the mobile," she's on some ladders, hanging the mobile that Austin made above the crib.

"How was your appointment?" Taylor sighs as the Brit asks the question, "it seems the little one is stubborn and doesn't want to come just yet, which is good for Harry but not good for my body." Gemma gives her a sympathetic smile as she steps back down onto solid ground, "hey, he'll be here no matter what, and I think Harry would rather you're comfortable. There's a whole list of things we can try to induce labour, and we'll just make sure Harry's on high alert to leave at any minute."