~T W O~

August 27th 2013

Like most of their time together, the previous day had been spent lounging around Taylor's L.A. home. They barely separated from each other, neither of them looking forwards to the goodbye they're facing in two short hours.

"Have you seen my earrings?" The blonde rushes into the kitchen, searching the countertops for the studs that Harry gave her for their six month anniversary, "they were on the bedside table, love." He turns from the stove top, grasping her wrist before she can rush back out of the room, "sit and eat something, please," the look in his green eyes tells her not to argue, so Taylor sighs and sits down at the counter as Harry sets a plate of eggs and toast in front of her.

"I'm not hungry, Har, and I need to finish packing," she's nervously bouncing her leg as she pleads with the brown eyed boy, but Harry isn't up for giving in. "I've seen you pack enough times to know what you need, love, please just eat for me, okay? Just a little," ever since they've been together, it's been a battle to get Taylor to eat properly, never mind finish a meal with him. She always insists that it isn't an issue, but Harry believes otherwise and is always persistent in making sure she eats at least three meals a day.

"Okay," she sighs and gives him a warm smile, "I'll finish packing your bag and then I'll bring it down and you can double and triple check my work." Her heart melts as he pulls her into a kiss, he knows her so well.

Harry leaves Taylor alone in the kitchen, the singer feeling her stomach twist into a knot at the thought of eating the food in front of her. She knows that he means well, but stress always makes her too anxious to eat, and she's always anxious when it comes to saying goodbye because she never knows when the next hello is going to come.

With Taylor eating in the kitchen, Harry packs up some of her things in the bedroom. They say goodbye to each other so often and it always leaves a tense atmosphere in the time before they part, but they both know that it's all out of love, especially with their schedules so busy now that they're both on tour, but there's only a few more months of that left.

With half of her bag already packed, Harry only has to grab her toiletries from the bathroom and some pyjamas for her flight back to Nashville after the show tonight. He knows that her favourite thing to sleep in when they're apart is one of his t-shirts, so he gives her a couple from his collection in her dresser.

"All packed and I even remembered your earrings," Taylor receives a peck on the cheek as he passes, sitting her bag on the counter, but Harry's smile fades into a frown as he realises that Taylor has barely finished even half a slice of toast. "I'm too nervous to eat right now, Har, please don't make a big deal out of it," she knows her boyfriend worries, but there is nothing worth worrying about.

He sighs but removes the plate from the table and washes it off, Taylor getting an overwhelmingly guilty feeling in the pit of her stomach because she knows that he's going to worry about her the whole time they're apart.

Time moves all too quickly and all too soon they're getting ready to part ways again.

"The car is a minute or two away, Tree is going to text me when they're here," a sad smile takes residence on Taylor's face and Harry sighs as he takes her in his arms, "we've gotten through the last ten months, another two isn't going to break us." Harry's tour ends in two months and Taylor's is starting to wind down around the same time, meaning that they'll have more time for each other and it'll be right around their one year anniversary.

"It won't be long and you'll be right back in the arms, I promise," it wouldn't be so bad if they knew when they were going to see each other again, but Harry's label are pushing for them to constantly be in the studio working on their next album until their tour starts back up again. They fly to each other as often as they can but the paparazzi is still a worry, so it isn't always that easy.

"I love you," she smiles as she tries her best not to cry, "I love you too, darling." The younger brit guides his girlfriend into a kiss and Taylor melts into his lips, wishing that they could press pause and stay in this moment forever.

Taylor memorises the smell of his cologne, the same one that he's worn everyday for the last ten months and the same one that comforts her more than anything else.

"Take care of the other half of my heart, alright?" Taylor is notified of her publicist's arrival and Harry gently pulls her into a kiss as she fights her tears. It's always been a contradiction in her heart knowing that these goodbyes wouldn't be happening if they just made their relationship public, but if they had kept going the way they were in the beginning then they probably wouldn't still be together.

Harry's hand rests over her heart as she smiles, "as long as you take care of the other half of mine." She copies his action as he smiles too, their friends think they're cheesy but they've always done it this way and they would never change it.

They let each other go and Harry insists on carrying her bag to the car, so they keep their fingers intertwined as they leave the house. Tree is already waiting in the car as Taylor gets in, and her boyfriend puts her bag in the trunk.

"I love you, darling," he leans through the door and they share one last kiss, "I love you more." The blonde sighs as he closes the door, Harry's heading straight to the studio from here so as they're leaving the house, he's getting into his car.

"How was it?" Taylor had one day off between her LA shows, the VMA's and today and it was no surprise to anyone that she chose to spend it with Harry. "I hate leaving him, he makes me feel safe, especially after..." Tree gives her hand a light squeeze and Taylor gives the redhead a sad smile in return.

About two and a half months ago, Taylor had a run in with a radio DJ during her meet and greet in Colorado. Something switched inside her that day, and her anxiety has been heightened to extremes ever since. Harry had some time off so he was with her for a couple of days, and the second she got back to the hotel, she broke down to him. She felt so violated and objectified, but she didn't feel like she was justified in being so upset, but the people around her quickly reassured her that what he did wasn't okay.

Ever since then, Harry has been incredibly protective and made sure that security was at an all time high. He felt that if he couldn't be there to keep her safe all the time, then he could make sure that someone else was.

"You're serious about him, aren't you?" the publicist smiles sweetly at her charge and Taylor tucks a golden lock behind her ear as she nods, "he's different." Tree has heard those words before and Taylor frowns as she notices the look on her publicist's face, "I wouldn't have gone through the last ten months of rumours and lies and hiding if I wasn't certain  about him, Tree."

If Taylor thought for a second that Harry had the capacity to hurt her, then she wouldn't have spent so long with him, trying to make their relationship work. "Just don't do anything silly, alright? Things are going well for you right now, Taylor." The blonde rolls her eyes as she chuckles, she's been getting the same speech from the woman for the last year, "yes, mom."

Tree is like a second mom to Taylor, and she knows that she's just looking out for her, even if that includes reminding her about the importance of birth control and using protection on a regular basis. "We're always careful, I promise," every lecture receives the same answer because they are always careful but Tree always worries unnecessarily, especially now that she's in the middle of a world tour. She doesn't need any unexpected surprises right now.