~ S I X T E E N ~

December 24th 2013

The last few days have been a comforting mix of Christmas prep and family time combined with Harry and Gemma simultaneously policing Taylor during meals. As hard as that has been for her to cope with she knows it's for the best.

"Is he sleeping?" Anne laughs as she walks into the living room. Harry has his head in Taylor's lap, his hand planted on her bump. "Has been for a little while, I was pretty restless last night and he doesn't like to leave me awake on my own," the blonde smiles as she runs her fingers through his messy curls, looking up to his mom. "He dotes on you two, I've never seen him like this before," Anne takes a seat in the armchair close to Taylor, "he's happier than I've ever seen him."

Taylor tucks her hair behind her ear as she smiles gently, "I was so scared when I found out about the baby but from the second I told him, Harry never faltered for a second," she looks down to his sleeping features, "as soon as I said those words he gave me that goofy grin and this was the first thing he did," she motions to his hand on her stomach, "he was so happy and I knew from that moment that we would be absolutely fine."

Harry has been all in since day one, nobody could ever question that. "You're going to expose my soft side, T," she's surprised as Harry's eyes flicker open and she laughs as he presses a kiss to her bump and then pushes himself up, smirking as his mum shakes her head, "you've never been able to hide your soft side, H, especially not now." Anne smirks as she takes a sip of her tea and Harry looks to Taylor, that signature smirk on his face as she holds the hand he has on her bump.

"Are you still alright to go and pick up the bakery order today?" It's Christmas Eve and the second his mum mentioned that someone has to go he immediately offered, he's always wanted to show Taylor his old stomping grounds. "More than happy to," he grins as he squeezes his girlfriend's hand and Taylor nods, she's excited to see Harry in his element - he always talks about home. "Alright, well you need to pick it up by three, they close early on Christmas Eve," she makes the reminder as she gets up and Harry laughs, "yes, mum."

When she leaves the room Harry gets up too, pulling Taylor to her feet as she smiles - pressing a kiss to his lips when she's up. "I need to use the restroom and then we can go, I swear this little one just sits on my bladder for the fun of it," Harry chuckles as he watches her go, he'll never understand how he got so lucky. Everything Taylor said to his mum is right; he is so excited for this baby and they will be okay, but he has never been more scared of anything than he is of becoming a father.

---

"Be warned, they love me here," Harry is smirking as he opens Taylor's door and the blonde laughs, "I'm sure they do." He entwines their fingers and locks the car as they walk towards the bakery. Taylor has loved spending time with their families but this is the first time in days that it's been just them and she's quite content with that.

Harry holds the door open for her and Taylor is surprised to see that it's quiet - she's not used to small towns, but it's kind of comforting. She can see why Harry likes to come back to Holmes Chapel. "There they are, your mum called ahead this morning," Harry laughs as the woman walks out from behind the counter, "Mrs Wakefield, it's been too long!" Taylor lets go of his hand as he moves to hug her, the blonde watching on with a gentle smile.

"How many times do I have to tell you, call me Sharon." The older woman gives him a playful glare as she lets him go and Harry laughs, "Sharon, I'd like you to meet my gorgeous girlfriend," he looks to Taylor with a smirk and the blonde shakes her head at him. "It's so nice to meet you, I'm Taylor," the singer laughs and Sharon brings her straight into a hug, "I've heard so many wonderful things."

Taylor is released from the hug and the baker looks to Harry with a grin, "you got lucky with this one, didn't you?" He nods in agreement as he smirks at Taylor, "I really did." She blushes as Harry takes her hand again. "How are your girls and Simon?" He seems so relaxed which isn't typical Harry, especially in public. "They're amazing, you'll have to stop by again before you leave, they'd love to see you."