Chapter 12

The next two days, everyone was fixing up the island and rebuilding what was damaged.

(Y/N) and a few others had something planned that was happening behind the scenes. And today was the day. It was something really special for Red. Something that he really deserved. She also got the newly hatched chicks together and taught them a song, with the help of Chuck and Bomb.

In the meantime, (Y/N) was going to meet up with her three friends.

As she walked to her meet spot. She was about to pass The Hug Trader. (Y/N) stared at the bird for a few moments and walked away without saying anything. The bird made a sad noise as he glanced down. (Y/N) stopped walking and hesitated. She quietly turned around and made her way up to him and hugged the bird. The Hug Trader looked up with a shocked expression that quickly changed to a smile, he hugged her back as he giggled. She let go of The Hug Trader, smiled at him, and waved him goodbye.

■▪︎▪︎▪︎■

(Y/N) finally met with her friends and all decided to eat some lunch together.

"You know what would be fun?" Chuck asked the three.

"Getting a pedicure?" (Y/N) asked half-jokingly, but also was half-serious.

Chuck nodded. "Yes!" he smiled.

"Really?!" (Y/N) grinned. "I haven't gotten one in...well...forever!"

"Well, let's go!" the yellow bird exclaimed as he excitedly runs in place.

Red seemed unsure. "Eh, I don't know."

(Y/N) frowned. "Oh come on Red! You know what? My treat! Because...y'know. You guys are literally the only few birds that I can actually get along with."

Red rolled his eyes and smiled. "I feel honored."

(Y/N) smirked at him and nodded. "As you should," she said jokingly. She then gestured for Red to come. "Now move your bird butt and let's go!"

Red let out a sigh and followed the birds to a salon, but had a smile on his face the whole time.

■▪︎▪︎▪︎■

Once they got their pedicures done, (Y/N) overheard some birds talking about a new statue. She turned her head over at her three friends. "Hey, guys. There's a new statue that they made. Let's go check it out."

They all headed toward where the original Mighty Eagle statue used to stand. Now, it was replaced with a new statue. This statue was of Mighty Eagle, actually looking like himself, belly and all, lifting up the net full of eggs. There were other tiny little bird figures surrounding him on their knees as they lift up their wings, crying and weeping. On the base of the wooden statue was a wooden plaque that says 'Honoring Mighty Eagle for Saving the Eggs'.

"Wow. Is that you right there, Red?" Chuck said, pointing at one of the small figures.

Red smiled, his eyes bouncing around trying to find himself. "Aw, really? Where? No, they didn't have to..." He then found himself and he seemed to be slightly offended, but also, slightly amused. "Oh. Yeah. That's funny. I don't remember crying on my knees like that." He then frowned as he shrugged. "But, you know, it's nice."

Bomb then pointed at the top of the statue. "Hey, (Y/N), that kind of looks like you."

(Y/N) let out a gasp as her eyes darted around the statue wildly with a wide smile. She then looked up to where Bomb was pointing and finally spotted herself. Instantly, her smile disappeared. It was a tiny version of herself, sitting on Mighty Eagle's shoulder, hugging him, and kissing him on the cheek. (Y/N) scrunched up her face. "Why did they have to go and do that?! And why do I have the sudden urge to throw the statue into the ocean?"