Later.

Hayley's P.O.V.
.
I stared at his perfectly chizzled features shamelessly as he laughed obnoxiously loud at my previous comment. My heart swelled with a painful sort of euphoria. "Ssh!" I whispered giggling softly, pressing my index finger to his plump lips. "They'll hear you." I referred to my parents who lay right below us.
.
He grinned against my finger, quietening down, before he pulled it back down slowly, his hand lingering on mine for a moment longer before he let go. "Sorry, I'm sorry." He chuckled quietly. "Man I've missed this Hayley. It hasn't been just us for months."
.
I bit my tongue to prevent myself from giving him a bitter response. He knew exactly why things had been different lately, he was just to cowardly to admit it to himself. "Me too." Was all I could respond quietly, as I led my head back onto the plush cushions that were layered up on my bed.
.
"Hey, don't look at me like that, nothing's changed between us right? Best friends forever?" He gave my shoulder a gentle nudge, shuffling his body so he was lying next to me.
.
"Ever and ever." I forced a smile, but still was unable to look at him properly. I fumbled about with my fingers. A distraction I used around Calum far too much.
.
"So what have I missed over the holidays? Catch me up on everything." I watched as he grinned bashfully out the corner of my eye.
.
I relaxed again, my shoulders slumping back down as I grew the courage to look him in his beautiful brown eyes once more. "Well-"
.
I was cut off by his phone bursting into song. He looked up at me apologetically before answering his mobile.
"Hey baby." He began as I winced at his sudden change of appearance.
.
His eyes lit up with delight as he smiled goofily at whatever she was banging on about this time.
.
"I'm sorta busy right now." He lowered his tone, glancing back up at me. I quickly snapped my head away, not wanting to seem nosy. As soon as he focused back on the wall behind my bed again, I resumed my position of watching him closely.
.
I watched as his eyebrows raised and his breath hitched in his throat.
"Oh my god, baby." He laughed, his cheeks starting to flush. "You can't say things like that!"
.
I sighed, rolling my eyes and digging my mobile out of my pocket. I began aimlessly scrolling through my phone and trying my hardest not to seem bothered. I was so sick of feeling like this. I was so sick of her.
.
He sighed, I looked back up to see that he was now a deep shade of crimson and he seemed extremely flustered. "Okay, you win. See you in ten?" He licked his lips cautiously before sliding the phone in his back pocket.
.
He looked over at me and sighed.
"I'm sorry Hayley, but I gotta run. Are you going to be alright?"
.
"Go." I stood up off the mattress, straightening out my comfortable pyjamas, suddenly feeling childish and silly in them.
.
He refused to stop watching me, waiting to see if I was mad.
"Are you su-"
.
"Go Calum." I interrupted, turning my back to him and walking towards my en-suite. I was planning on taking a nice long shower to wash away the gut wrenching thoughts of them together. Of him choosing her over me, again.
.
I heard him groan lightly from behind me, alongside him clattering about as he fumbled around in the dim light to pick up his belongings.
"We'll talk later, okay?" He eventually said.
.
"Hmm? Oh, later. Yeah sure." I mumbled, shutting the door with a gentle 'click' as he escaped out of my window and I heard him pad onto the grass below.
.
Why the hell did she always get in the way? More importantly how could I have let myself fall for somebody who was already taken?