Chapter 28

Please use the hashtag #SapphireAcademy if you're going to tweet/post about this story. You may also tag me @cailameneses on twitter and instagram.

Chapter 28

Hospital

I felt so weak. I can't even explain the pain when I heard that my Kuya was shot twice. And when I saw him on the hospital bed, my heart cracked into a hundred pieces.

The operation was done, but he's still not waking up... I never prayed so hard in my life. Not until now. All I want is for him to wake up.

"Wake up, Kuya! Mag-boboyfriend na ako pag hindi ka pa gumising!" I cried.

The fear of losing my brother is heart shattering. Hindi ko kakayanin. Hindi kakayanin ng buong pamilya namin.

The Doctors promised to do everything that they can. Gusto nang dalhin ni Mommy si Kuya Kairon sa states para roon siya mag-recover, pero hindi naman na siya maaaring malipat dahil sa kalagayan niya.

My Dad was coordinating with the police. They said that they have a lead already and what's surprising is that the lead suspects are studying in Garnet Academy.

Hindi lang din si Kuya ang nabaril. One student was shot too when he tried to help, but the policemen are still looking for gray areas. Baka raw kasabwat din iyon. He's in this hospital, too. Just besides Kuya's room.

A statement was release that only Kuya and Paige were kidnapped. On that statement, Paige Santiago said that my brother protected her. My tears kept on falling whenever I think about it. He just loves her so much that he's willing to risk it all for her.

Pakiramdam ko, mali ako ng unang impresyon sa kanya. Kuya won't like her if she's not a good person... Jax won't too.

"Mommy, please go home. You need to rest," I told my mom.

Wala pa siyang pahinga. Ayaw niyang umalis sa tabi ni Kuya pero nag-aalala naman ako, she needs to take a rest too. Plus the kambal probably misses her at home.

"I can't leave your Kuya..." Mommy said.

She looks really tired already, both emotionally and physically.

"But I'm here naman po. Please go home and take a rest, Mom. The kambal will be happy to see you..."

"How about you? Okay lang ba na ikaw lang ang maiiwan dito?"

I nodded at her. "Daddy said that he won't be long. Don't worry about me. I will also contact you immediately when there's an update about Kuya."

Umalis na ang Mommy. She said that she will be back tomorrow morning.

I took a deep breath and went outside. Doon muna ako naupo dahil tuwing nakikita ko si Kuya, hindi ko lalo mapigilan ang mga luha ko. And the Star Sapphires will visit too, so I'll just wait for them.

I was just browsing on my phone when someone stood by in front of Kuya's room. Agad akong napatayo.

"Who are you?" I asked the girl.

Bumaling siya sa akin at umuwang ang kanyang bibig. Ganoon din ako nang mapagtanto kung sino siya.

She looked so pretty in photos, but she's prettier in person. No wonder...

"U-umm, hi. I'm Paige-"

"Oh, I know you. The girl who wants my Kuya to be in jail."

My mouth really got its own brains! Oh my God! I didn't even want to say that! It just came out of nowhere!