Chapter 38

Please use the hashtag #SapphireAcademy if you're going to tweet/post about this story. You may also tag me @cailameneses on twitter and instagram.

Chapter 38

Class B

I was dumbfounded. I couldn't process anything. My tears were falling non-stop and my whole body was shaking.

Mas naging magulo pa nang dumating bigla si Prof. Somero. He was so mad about what happened to me.

"Ms. Gonzalez is my student! And I know my students!" he said out loud. "You must've taken this out of context, Professor Baltazar. Maaaring nalaglag lang iyon–"

"Are you hearing yourself now, Professor Somero? You sounded so lame defending your student! The reviewer was perfectly placed, hindi pwedeng nalaglag lang! There's no excuses for cheating!" giit ni Prof. Baltazar.

How was it perfectly placed? I didn't even notice that it was there!

"Ms. Yrreverre, I can attest to this. Cali is not a cheater. She is the overall Top 2 and the best female student in the academy. Hindi talaga ito posible! Why not let her retake the exam instead?"

I couldn't be more tired of this day. It felt like the longest day of my life. My parents came, the board came, the trial happened.

The evidence is strong because the reviewer was found under my chair. And I don't have any proof to back up my claim. The CCTVs were positioned only at the front and back door of the greenhouse. There's also one inside the supplies room. Unfortunately, where we are taking the exam is a blind spot.

I won't be expelled and I won't face any type of suspension, but I will be transferred from Class B. That means I will be stripped off from all the privileges of Star Sapphire Class. My room will be changed, my lunch schedule will be changed, and my uniform will be changed... Everything.

My heart is throbbing and I couldn't even breathe properly. Hanggang sa makauwi ay umiiyak ako dahil sa nangyari. Hindi ko matanggap.

My Mom and Dad stood by me. I am very lucky that they are not the kind of parents who will believe other people rather than their own child.

"Cali?" I heard my mom knocking on the door.

Pumasok naman siya at nanatili akong nakayakap sa pillow ko. She's holding a cup of milk and put it on my bedside table.

"I'm not a cheater, Mommy..." I said and my tears started to roll down again.

"I know, anak. I know..." She immediately hugged me. "I know you more than anyone else."

I cried over her shoulders. I am distraught about what happened. It might have fallen when I took out my things. I should've checked it before I started the exam. I should've been more careful. It's all my fault.

"I'm so sorry for being irresponsible, My. I should've checked my things first. I didn't check it."

Mom's hug tightened. "It's not your fault, anak. Don't blame yourself."

I was ugly crying on my bed when my phone rang. Sinagot ko naman agad nang makitang si Jax iyon.

"Are you crying?" he asked.

Hikbi ang isinagot ko.

"Nasa labas ako ng bahay n'yo... Kung gusto mo ng kasamang umiyak, nandito lang ako, Cal."

Mas lalo akong naiyak dahil doon. I immediately got up and took my cardigan with me.

Paglabas ay agad kong nakita si Jax doon malapit sa gate na siyang pinapasok din ng mga bodyguards.