41: Childhood Town

"The weather is getting colder."

"Seems so."

"Should I make some soup today? Sera always gets sick easily when the weather starts to change."

"I thought Sera was going to Lilia's house today."

"Really? Honestly that girl. She goes out so much, she should be studying more. Being naturally gifted can only take you so far, next thing you know she's the one behind in class."

"Don't be so harsh on her mom, Sera's doing well in school. It's normal for young girls her age to want to hang out with her friends."

"You weren't like that Chu-Hei when you were her age. You studied abroad in such a prestigious academy in Singapore, and were doing so many great things. I can only worry about Sera's future."

"...Now look at me, I'm miserable..."

"Did you say something Chu-Hei?"

"It's nothing, Sera's a smart girl, she'll be fine."

*****

"Are my eyes still red?" I asked warily, unconsciously bringing a hand up to rub my eyes. It was a bit embarrassing coming back to the boys with swollen eyes and a red face. They all fussed over me crying, and even thought Taehyung did something. Luckily I explained things quick enough about why I was crying, and they all tried their best to brighten up the atmosphere for the rest of the train ride.

Now we were all sitting on the train platform, surrounded by luggage, the cool air somewhat cooling down my heated face.

"You're gonna irritate your eyes," Seokjin gently scolded, grabbing onto Sera's hands and pulling them away. His own hands were bare, compared to the wool gloves Sera wore that Yoongi offered her as the air got a little bit colder day by day. Seokjin's hands were delicate, Sera noticed, slender and long as he casually intertwined their hands together as they waited for Namjoon to find his phone amongst the large bags they carried, making sure he didn't leave it on the train.

"Ah I really get to meet your parents properly!" Hoseok couldn't help but beam in excitement at the thought of spending the week where Sera grew up. However, he noticed that the rest of the boys seemed nervous as they were more quiet than usual and fidgeted where they stood, "Why are you guys so scared" Hoseok teased, attempting to break the tension as he threw his arms around Yoongi, the older male grunting in protest but made no effort to move away.

"We didn't exactly leave the best impression on her dad," Yoongi muttered, feeling slightly disgruntled at the prospect of formally meeting Jun. The man was large, larger then the rest of the boys, and despite his gentle demeanor, he was still intimidating. Seokjin was the only one who really had an actual conversation with Jun, and said there was nothing to worry about.

The one person they could all be equally intimidated by however, is Sera's mother.

The only clue they had was that she liked smart people and was a good cook.

This of course caused the maknae's to panic, which admittedly, they managed to get in college with flying colors due to their hyung's help.

They definitely weren't naturally smart like Seokjin, Namjoon and Sera most definitely.

Sera noticed the younger boys' increasing panic and offered a comforting smile, "My moms looking forward to meeting you guys, she was talking about making a whole feast for you guys," partly due to the fact she was bringing seven guys home would naturally mean a large amount of food.