17: Happiness within Pain

Updates every five days
*****

Edited by jemi018

Consider giving a follow and an upvote!

Also if you have time, visit my kp-fi page and leave a tip if you want!
https://ko-fi.com/havenesa

*****

I felt utterly useless, lying in this hospital bed; the constant beeping of the monitor driving me insane. The same nurse coming in every hour, asking me the same stuff, garnering the same answer for it. With a horrible headache to boot, my body aching all over and the feeling of utter loneliness was suffocating.

My father ended up leaving to go to the nearby hotel he was staying at to shower and get a change of clothes. It's been three days since he came, and two days since I've seen any of my soulmates. I would have been lying if I said I didn't feel the bond desperately wanting me to go to them, having lied to Yoongi about not feeling attracted to him. The week we spent together, I just wished we could have spent it in my room together, just to be at close proximity and have the reassurance of each other's presence.

Now I had no one, because I pushed everyone away.

Baekhyun hasn't come to visit ever since my father came, and I knew he was angry at me. I knew that everyone was angry at me.

"Miss, you have visitors," a nurse suddenly came in, I couldn't see her as my back was towards her, but I could already see her bright gummy smile due to her cheery voice, "You think you're up for them?"

I didn't say anything momentarily, contemplating whether to send whoever was away or not. It was either Baekhyun, Kimie, or my soulmates; and honestly, I wanted to turn them away. The thought of confrontation made my stomachs uneasy, but I knew I needed to grow up, to be stronger, to stop running away.

"Okay," I mumbled, trying to muster up enough energy to turn onto my back. It was considerably hard with the stupid cast in the way. When I fell that night, it didn't even hurt that badly, but I guess I was going through much more emotional pain than a physical one at the time; didn't even register that I fractured my skull.

"Sera!" A loud cheery voice broke through the silence of the hospital room.

It caused me to stop momentarily in my movement, my breath caught in my throat as my heart began to beat faster. I wasn't prepared to put on a smile, to act like everything was okay. My brilliant acting three days ago took nearly a week to prepare, and even then, when Taehyung began to cry; I wanted to give in and embrace him, to just soothe his pain, but I didn't.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I now laid on my back, slightly elevated as I weakly waved to Hoseok and Yoongi; trying to not blush by their appearance. While I looked like absolute trash, those two looked devilishly handsome.

It just wasn't fair sometimes.

"We brought you food!" Hoseok all but sung out, lifting up the paper bag in his hands with a dazzling smile, while Yoongi sat himself in a chair at the corner of the room. The red haired hummed as he cleared off to a nearby table, "Thought you got tired of hospital food, so Jin-Hyung cooked you up some food," there was such a bright and blinding aura to him, able to just make anyone around him happy.

I noticed the tension though, even with his bright smile, I could tell how it didn't quite reach his eyes. It was all for show and I hated it. It just made me a hypocrite, with all the fake smiles and words I spoke, it was disgusting and I didn't want to see it on someone like Hoseok.

"Thank you for visiting," I mumbled, offering the most genuine smile I could. The smell was enticing, nothing like the boring and bland food the nurses gave me. It actually caused my stomach to growl quite loudly, causing my face to burn up and I knew I was blushing red.