8 : Hospital Visits

[Edited by love3nd ]

Consider giving a follow and an upvote!

Also if you have time, visit my kp-fi page and leave a tip if you want!
https://ko-fi.com/havenesa

*****

"Really we're fine," Jungkook groaned, as he wanted to be anywhere but in the hospital.

It had been two days since the incident in the art department with Sera and Kimie, and the three youngest boys went back to their apartment and told the rest of their soulmates how their marks burned painfully.

Jin, being the caring and loving boyfriend and soulmate that he is, instantly set up a doctor's appointment to get their marks checked out. It concerned him greatly when he noticed the usually prominent black lines were dulled slightly to a dark gray. To say the least, it sent all the older boys in a panic.

That was why all seven of them were seated on the second floor of the hospital, in the Soul Therapy section, waiting for their names to be called.

Before Jin can scold the youngest and tell him they certainly were not fine, Namjoon cut him off, "We're just worried baby boy, okay?" He brought his large hands to gently press against Jungkook's waist, a comforting smile on his lips.

"But if our mark hurts, does that mean Sera's does to?" Jimin suddenly asked, growing concerned, remembering that haunting look in Sera's eyes.

Taehyung was not any better, his drawings unable to portray the beauty he saw in her, but only filled with so much grief and sadness. He didn't like it at all. No. Sera was supposed to be beautiful and vibrant, something so bright it was blinding like the sun. Not dim like the bottomless oceans where hope goes to die.

That's all he could remember, just how hopeless her eyes were.

It was suffocating.

None of the boys could reply, before a nurse called the three boys in. They would be treated at the same time and their soulmates would be allowed to be with them. It would help with the healing process.

"Before we can get you settled in the room, please have a seat here. The doctor is with another patient right now, but she'll be in here shortly."

The three maknaes of the bunch were seated in those patient chairs, while the other four scattered around the room they were in. They noticed there was a gap in one of the walls, signaling another room for a patient. By the sounds of a chair moving and typing of a computer, they guessed another patient was next to them.

It was a Monday night, the closest appointment they could get, as the weekends were always packed with patients. Now with the quietness of the hospital, they guessed Monday nights were busy.

"You've been taking the medicine and your marks are still hurting?" They didn't mean to eavesdrop, but with the quietness of the hospital, it was just easier for the boys.

"Yes. It hurts like hell."

The boy's heart stopped, already recognizing who's the voice it belonged to.

"We'll do the usual treatment, but you know the only cure for this is to be with and bond with your soulmates."

"I...I can't, not anymore," her voice sounded so broken and weak, taking everything for Jin to not allow his caring side to take over. Hoseok was seated next to him on one of the small couches and rubbed gentle soothing circles on his back.

"You never told me why you can't. Do you mind me asking why?"

There was a brief moment of silence, before Sera spoke shakily, "I-I made a promise to my brother before he passed away. To keep his soulmate happy. If being with them makes her happy...then that's fine with me. I can't break that promise."